Teach English in Vietnam
CITY: Ho Chi Minh
START DATE: August, 2013
SALARY: Competitive salary of $1700
English Teacher Location Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Deadline August 1, 2013
Experience None required – 1 year preferred
Report to Service Manager
Established in Italy in 1972 by Dr. Luigi T. Peccenini, Wall Street English is the global leader in English language training for adults. Our innovative Wall Street English method, which focuses on teaching people to understand and speak English, integrates interactive lessons, self-study in workbooks, and small classes led by native English speaking teachers to provide the most effective English language instruction available.
For over 40 years, Wall Street English has successfully taught over 2 million students through over 450 centers in 27 countries worldwide and is the international brand of choice. Wall Street English is owned by Pearson Group, the global leader in the publication and delivery of English language learning content, distributing to over 60 countries and helping to educate over 100 million people around the world. Pearson Group is best known in Asia for their English language training books and dictionaries such as Longman English Dictionary and New Concept English.
Wall Street English’s Educational Advisory Board:
Wall Street English has established an Educational Advisory Board (EAB) comprised of the company’s Director of Curriculum Development and distinguished scholars from the fields of Second Language Acquisition and Online Learning to advise and guide the company on key issues related to English language learning. The Mission of the EAB is to keep Wall Street English abreast of the latest research and techniques in second language acquisition to allow Wall Street English to continue to offer innovative teaching methods to our 160,000 enrolled students that are founded on sound academic principles.
Wall Street English Vietnam:
Wall Street Vietnam belongs to the Pearson Group and currently has a new center in Ho Chi Minh City. We expect to open new centers throughout the city and into other regions of Vietnam in forthcoming years.
Our centers are designed, built and equipped to the premium standards, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality and this is reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management.
We provide training for our teachers and it is a great opportunity to experiment with new methods of teaching and increase the range of your professional development portfolio. The majority of our students are in their late teens, twenties or thirties, and are a blend of university students, office workers, high school students and housewives. They are generally well-read and well-traveled, making them great conversationalists and eager to learn. Our centers have a truly international feel with students attending from countries around the world.
Wall Street English has full-time opportunities for qualified, native-speaking ESL Teachers. Come and work with a fun, friendly and professional team dedicated to helping every student speak English with confidence.
At Wall Street, teaching English is about making a difference to peoples’ futures. Our goal is to be the best English language school in the world and we measure that by the success of our students.
• Great premises (light, bright and air-conditioned) with a focus on open spaces, comfortable and relaxing study/teaching areas and high quality furnishings
• Small class sizes. Core classes have an average of 2-3 students which means the teacher can focus on teaching, rather than crowd control
• A modern and effective approach to language learning, constantly reviewed and updated
• Comprehensive teaching materials. Some classes are pre-lesson planned for you and others are left wide open to allow your creative juices to flow
• Fun, friendly and professional colleagues. We hire only the best to ensure a positive and enjoyable workplace.
• Opportunities for career development and promotion
1) Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive salary of $1700
• Bonus of 1 month’s salary on completion of a year of teaching
• Full training
• Visa and work permits organized and paid for by Wall Street English Vietnam
• Good quality health insurance
• Holiday allowance: 3 weeks + Vietnam national holidays which means 1 month for rest and relaxation or travel
• Consecutive days off
• Annual performance-based pay increase
• Airport pick up & welcome pack
• Assistance setting up bank account
2) Other Benefits:
• Our students are adult students only (16+) which allows for meaningful conversations and interactions between teachers and students
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Social activities
• Volunteer opportunities
3) Career pathway
• Option to transfer between our centers both within Vietnam and internationally
• Ability to move into senior positions including Head Office
• You will teach a variety of English classes using our uniquely successful method
• You will create social clubs and other fun and engaging events
• You will promote an all-English speaking environment
• You will counsel, coach, mentor, evaluate and motivate students
• Citizen and passport holder of USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
• Native English speaker
• University Degree
• 120-hour classroom-based teaching certification (e.g. CELTA or equivalent): Note that online/weekend courses will not be accepted
• A dynamic, professional and fun approach to teaching
• Passionate about learning and development
• Positive, flexible and self-motivated
• Professional in both dress and manner
Apply by sending an email via firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1) Cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work at WSE
2) Full CV including clear details of your teaching certification and higher education achievements, dated and with references
3) Copy of passport page with details and photograph.
4) Soonest realistic start date
For further information about Wall Street English, please visit our website at http://wallstreetenglish.edu.vn/en and find our Facebook community at https://www.facebook.com/WSE.VietNam
Due to government regulations regarding work permits you will need:
1) The original copies of your BA degree and CELTA/TEFL certificate. (Photocopies are not acceptable).
2) A clean police clearance certificate from your home country*.
3) To pass a medical check including HIV/AIDS test (to be conducted in Vietnam)
Note: If you don’t already have a police clearance certificate, you need to apply for one before coming to Vietnam and arrange to have it sent to our address at Wall Street English Vietnam.