Teach English in Costa Rica
CITY: Copey de Dota
START DATE: February, 2013
SALARY: Because we are community-based, there is no fee to volunteer with us nor can we offer a salary.
Friends of Nature Copey Learning Center is a non-profit educational center dedicated to promoting social development through the learning of English as a Foreign Language. We offer programs to community members of all ages in the areas of EFL, environmental education and cultural development in order to foster social sustainability. Our school was founded and is run by community members of Copey de Dota.
We are looking to fill positions starting this February 2013 for a period of 3 months to one year.
Because we are community-based, there is no fee to volunteer with us nor can we offer a salary. Instead, our program will provide:
* Transportation from the San José Juan Santamaría airport or your current location to the community.
* Lodging and 3 meals per day. Accommodation includes a private room and laundry facilities.
* Teaching materials.
* Ongoing support from the school Board members in what the volunteer might require during their stay.
The volunteer is responsible for their flight to and out of Costa Rica and medical insurance for the duration of their stay.
Our volunteers teach an average of 20 hours per week. Our program is offered to the general community and as such, student ages can vary from toddlers to retired adults.
* Native English Speaker.
* Bachelor of Education or EFL certification (if EFL certified, teaching experience is required).
* Willingness to integrate with the local community
* Experience living and working independently.
Please apply be emailing your resumé and references to Seidy Rodríguez at email@example.com.