Teach English in Cambodia
CITY: Phnom Penh
START DATE: Positions available from March, 2013 onwards
SALARY: An excellent $USD salary and End of Year Bonus
GIS,Cambodia,is seeking to appoint experienced, creative and dynamic teachers of the highest quality to our Primary and Secondary departments in the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh.
All the students, who are mainly Cambodian,Chinese and Malay are ESL as English is their 2nd or 3rd language.Therefore an understanding of the challenges facing ESL students in an international classroom is essential.Khmer and Mandarin are also on the curriculum.
We offer :
– An excellent $USD salary and End of Year Bonus
– 1 year contract – renewable by mutual agreement
– Housing provided / shared or single – depending on family circumstances
– Air tickets at beginning and end of contract
– International Private Medical cover
– Responsibility allowances in key areas for suitable applicants
– Full school scholarships covering tuition costs of staff children attending GIS
– Opportunities for ongoing professional development in Singapore
– A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
– The chance to live in a culturally diverse society with a very rich history and great opportunities for travel within Asia
– Free Khmer lessons
We wish to recruit teachers who :
– Are UK /USA /Australian/NZ/Canadian/S.African/Irish trained or have relevant international curriculum experience.
– BA / BSc / BEd / CELTA / DELTA / or Masters Degree are required.
– Can promote a well organized and stimulating learning environment.
– Can offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
-Have good interpersonal skills and work well in teams.
-Possess strong IT skills and an interest in embedding ICT into daily classroom experience.
-Are reflective and seek to develop their classroom practice.
– Possess a strong commitment to effective planning and assessment
– Understand the value of consistent application of school policies.
-Experience of Cambridge exams – Young Learners, KET,PET,FCE,CAE and IELTS would be an advantage.
Apply to – The Principal,Socheata Na
email : firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of application explaining why you wish to live and work in Cambodia, CV, 3 professional referees including daytime tel nos / email contacts/ plus a photo.Please state your availability.
– Teaching couples are encouraged to apply.