Teach English in Indonesia
CITY: East Java
START DATE: early November, 2013
One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa.
* A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
* Approximately 35 paid vacation days per year. These include 15 days of personal vacation, two weeks each year when our schools are closed, and additional public holidays as declared by the government (approximately 10 days per year).
* Health insurance.
* A fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment with great opportunities for career development. Most of our senior academic staff have been promoted from within the group.
* A free online Indonesian language course.
Our Academic Programs
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 10. Most students attend high school or university, but there are also growing numbers of young learners and Business English groups. English levels range from beginner to advanced.
* Each school has a comprehensive language resource library and a computer room with up-to-date software.
* Teachers are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every course, but are encouraged to adapt them for their individual teaching style and their students’ needs.
* Most of our classes meet in our schools in the afternoons and evenings on Mondays to Fridays, and also on Saturday mornings. A teacher’s classes are scheduled on five days a week (Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday), with two consecutive days off in a week (Saturday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday). There are occasional opportunities for voluntary overtime classes at other times and locations.
* Teachers will also be assigned to teach online classes.
* A TEFL certificate from on-site courses such as the CELTA, Trinity or equivalent, with a minimum of 100 hours’ study that includes observed teaching practice. Also required by the Indonesian government for native-speaking English teachers.
* A higher/ further education certificate with a minimum of bachelor’s degree. This is required by the Indonesian government for native-speaking English teachers. Bachelor’s degree in English major would be our priority. If you do not possess a degree, we are unable to process your application.
* A professional approach to teaching.
* A willingness to teach a range of courses with students of different age groups.
* A readiness to adapt to living and working in Indonesia.
* a TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) certificate issued by Cambridge. This is a requirement for all native-speaking teachers working with EF. The test can be taken after the teacher arrives, at the teacher’s expense.
* Should you be accepted for a position, we will also need a hospital/ doctor’s certificate stating you are in good health. This is one of the Indonesian government’s requirements for native English speakers teaching in Indonesia.
Haryo Baskoro: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please kindly mention where you found our vacancy in your application.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
For more information, please visit our website: