Location: Oxford, UK
Start Date: ASAP
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
As part of our growth plans globally and specifically in Saudi Arabia, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Teacher Trainer, to be based in Oxford, to coordinate the delivery of and deliver directly, workshops and seminars to English Language Teachers, in Saudi Arabia in particular, but also globally.
• Writing and delivering methodological workshops and seminars (face-to-face, webinars, video) to support our market-leading ELT list
• Carrying out research and feedback analysis to monitor teacher needs and teacher satisfaction
• Meeting, giving presentations, providing and gathering information to decision-makers in overseas educational systems, including at ministry level
• Supporting freelance teacher trainers by providing necessary information and materials for them to deliver training effectively.
The ideal candidate will be a fluent English speaker, educated to degree level, with excellent commercial and market awareness. You will also have:
• An internationally recognised teaching qualification, e.g. DELTA, MA TESOL
• Experience in teaching and teacher training in one or more countries in the Arabic-speaking world, ideally Saudi Arabia.
• The ability to work independently, and to plan and prioritise your own workload
• Good interpersonal skills, to build relationships with OUP staff, customers and freelancers
• A good understanding of technology and its role in English language teaching
• Experience of working in ELT publishing would be advantageous.
To apply please go to http://ukjobs.oup.com
Closing date: 31 August 2012
Salary depending on skills and experience
Location: Oxford, UK