Teach English in Myanmar
START DATE: ASAP
Immediate opening for Grade One teacher: This is a replacement position for a teacher who is leaving the school early. The position begins immediately and ends February 21 (longer contracts are available for the right candidate). During this period, the teacher will assume all classroom duties and extracurricular duties of the departing teacher.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Salary is based on degree and experience.
* Free housing at the school with basic furnishings.
* Reimbursement for visas and expenses related to renewing visas.
* Myriad opportunities to connect with the local community and to learn about Myanmar.
* Chance to make a difference in the lives of those around you.
Ayeyarwaddy International School (www.aismyanmar.com) is the only school in Mandalay that is based on an American curriculum model. English is the language of instruction, and the goal is to have graduates who are proficient in English and who are academically prepared to attend a university in any English-speaking country. Although we have high academic goals, we never want teachers to lose sight of the fact that learning (and school) should be fun for students. Your lessons should be academically challenging, but they should also be relevant and interesting!
Living and working in a developing nation is extraordinarily challenging, but the rewards are immeasurable. This is the kind of experience that can have a positive effect on you for the rest of your life.
1. Minimum two years’ worth of full-time Grade One classroom experience
2. Native English speaker with North American accent
3. BA or BS degree (specialization in education preferred)
4. Teaching certificate (elementary preferred but will consider those with secondary certificates or TEFL certificates)
5. Must be in the region or able to arrive in Mandalay at one’s own expense by July 13
6. Very positive outlook on life and service-minded individual (prefer returned Peace Corps volunteers but will consider any teacher with an outlook that fits in with our community)
Email your cover letter, resume, and a recent photo to Dr. Gary Robson (principal) at Myanmarpcv@gmail.com.