Teach English in Taiwan
CITY: Various locations in Taiwan
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: COMPETITIVE HOURLY PAY: NT$580/hour (US$19/hour) starting pay is complemented by NT$0-40/hour pay raises every year. (US$1 = NT$33 approx.)
1. FREE TEFL CERTIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAM: Teachers earn a HESS TEFL Certificate after completing our intensive, 120+ hour training program.
2. MATERIALS PROVIDED: We write our own professional, award-winning curricula with lesson plans made for you.
3. LOCATION OPTIONS: HESS has full-time positions island-wide, and we are able to accommodate couples and friends coming together.
4. SUPPORT AND JOB SECURITY: Train in a large group and make friends and find roommates. We’ll help you organize your documents and find accommodation. All of our schools have a reliable Western management structure.
5. INTEREST-FREE START-UP LOAN: We offer a NT$30,000 (US$1,000) loan to help you get on your feet in Taiwan.
6. GUARANTEED HOURS: We guarantee a minimum number of hours above what most schools can offer (20-25 hours minimum per week, depending on contract) with opportunities to pick up extra classes or activities.
7. BONUSES: Your base pay is complimented by yearly contract-renewal bonuses after the first year and student return-rate bonuses (avg. NT$25,000/year).
8. ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We offer roles in curriculum writing, management, training, marketing, recruiting, multimedia and more!
1. Native English speaker
2. Passport holder from USA, CAN, UK, IRE, SA, AUS or NZ
3. Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) OR associate degree accompanied by a TEFL/TESOL certificate
4. One-year employment contract
5. Criminal record check (upon offer of employment)
6. Physically and mentally healthy