Location: Myanmar (Burma)
Salary: from $1200-1800 depending on experience.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Conditions: WE NEED MORE TEACHERS WHO REALLY WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE by being part of the exciting positive changes in Myanmar (Burma)Come and experience the wonders of the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks-Total Group of schools are located in the Southeast Asian country of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). In the eight years since our founding, Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has expanded to 10 branches with more opening this year, over 2500 students, and 400 teachers and staff. We focus on both experiential learning with high academic standards as well as personal development, self-development skills, creating future young leaders, service to the community and participatory activities. We also believe in reflective teaching and our instructors and teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. We also have a strong emphasis on developing, training and empowering local Myanmar teachers, staff, and parents.
We can offer you all this and more.
For those applicants to whom we offer a one or two year contract, we will provide a competitive salary based on experience, qualifications, and motivation in playing a leading role. Included in your package we provide either a shared house/apartment style living closest to the branch you will be working at. We also cover all visa costs, school lunches and local transportation, basic medical insurance, paid vacation, orientation and ongoing Myanmar language classes. We will also cover your flight arrival costs to Myanmar from one of the nearest airports in the region (Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur), and will purchase a return ticket to that airport upon successful completion of the contact. If a new contract is accepted, we will provide home leave as well.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teachers salary in their own country.
Candidates who would like to work at Brainworks – Total Group of Schools should possess the following qualifications:
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand with out a strong accent.
2. Minimum requirement TESOL or CELTA Certificate or equivalent from a well-recognised institution (such as the School for International Training, Cambridge, etc) Preference given to those with Delta, B.Ed, M.Ed
3. Have practical classroom experience teaching the English language (minimum of 1 year or more).
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
5. Have proven classroom experience working in the area you are applying for being either Pre School or Primary P1 – P6.
6. If you are a dynamic young new teacher with a burning desire to go take your new skills and talents into an environment that encourages new young thinkers then we would be really interested in receiving your application.
How to Apply:
Email Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A detailed covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.
2. A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position you will need to supply the following at a later date.
3. A copy of your passport
4. 3 Letters of reference
5. A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc
6. Any other relevant documents
For more information on our schools go to http://www.tlaschool.org
Location: Myanmar (Burma)