Expectations of the position also include experience with and knowledge of:
- ESL curriculum development;
- Current ESL resources and materials in a variety of formats, with emphasis on technology and;
- A wide range of ESL teaching methods suitable for intermediate to advanced high school English language learners.
The successful candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree in applied linguistics;
- Experience in and strong grasp of teaching English language and literature;
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in other subjects;
- Current knowledge of placement and standardized ESL tests to be used within the ESL Department and in collaboration with the Admissions Department in the school.
Applicants must be eligible to teach in British Columbia. Applicants are requested to supply a resume with references, accompanied by a cover letter outlining the candidate’s particular strengths and how the candidate is well-suited to teaching in a rich academic program with a high proportion of gifted students.
Please respond on or before Wednesday, March 7, 2012 to:
Mr. Robert Snowden, Head of School
St. Michaels University School
3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, BC V8P 4P5
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Closed postings are indicated in the Careers section of our website. For information about St. Michaels University School, please refer to the rest of our website, particularly to About SMUS and Academics sections.