Teach English in Indonesia
SALARY: 15,000,000 Rupiah per month
We are currently recruiting dynamic English teachers to teach adult and business English students at our modern language schools in the bustling capital city of Jakarta, Indonesia. Are you looking to develop your career in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting countries, working alongside an international team of teachers where every day at work you will be making a real difference?
Candidates will use a variety of teaching methods along with their creativity and energy and a wide range of teaching materials and technology to engage students in a truly memorable and effective learning experience.
We are a truly global company, established in 1965 and now with over 400 centers around the world. We teach over 20,000 students in 65 schools throughout Indonesia and have established ourselves as the market leader for private language learning. We have positions available year round in the cosmopolitan capital city of Jakarta.
Students at our adult schools are typically 20 to 40 year old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are motivated to learn English and recognize that it as a skill essential for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Teachers are encouraged to use their creativity to really bring the lesson alive and make the most of a variety of activities such as role plays, group work, competitions, drama and stories. The class sizes are kept small, from 1 to 6 students , which allows for noticeable progress to be made and also makes classroom management that much easier.
Course materials & technology
Popular with students and teachers alike, our course books have been developed by a dedicated team of linguistic and educational experts. Course books are accompanied by a wide range of supplementary materials including flashcards, posters, handouts, CD’s, videos, songs and in-class computer applications, all essential for teachers to deliver varied and engaging classes. All schools have interactive white boards, connected to the internet and loaded with multimedia resources which add an exciting new dimension to how you teach.
Indonesia – The Country
Indonesia is a wonderful blend of people, cultures and ethnicities with a population of over 245 million, the fourth largest in the world. Located in South East Asia, Indonesia is a collection of 16,000 islands spread along equator with Australia to the south and Singapore and Vietnam to the north. Enjoy a pleasant climate ranging from 16 – 35 degrees throughout the year with two distinct seasons.
The capital city of Jakarta on the main island of Java is a hub of activity appealing to a diverse range of interests and lifestyles. Experience a mix of chic shopping malls and trendy bars alongside traditional food stalls and backstreet markets.
Outside of the capital Indonesia boasts some of the most break-taking natural beauty on the planet with endless possibilities for adventure and exploration, from the pristine beaches of Bali to the jungle treks in Bukit Lawang and much more.
• Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
• Total of 40 hours per week work, of which maximum of 24 hours per week is teaching
• Ensure students learn in a engaging manner
• Make good use of our extensive course materials and technology in the classroom
• Excellent salary: 15,000,000 Rupiah per month (roughly 1,500 USD)
• Contract completion bonus: 15 million Rupiah (roughly 1,500 USD)
• Performance based bonuses
• 12 days paid vacation per year in addition to public holidays
• Legal work visa and permits provided
• Full medical insurance
• Indonesian classes
• On-going training and professional development
• Salary increase for second year contracts
• Career development opportunities worldwide
• Airport pick up
• Bachelor’s degree in an English related subject (Education , TEFL, Linguistics or Literature)
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL, est. 1993, 30% discounts: www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
• Aged between 25 and 54 years old (for visa application)
• Can commit to a 12 month contract
• Outgoing, social, passionate about teaching, culturally aware
How to apply
Please send the following to Aidan at jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com
• Covering letter
• Passport scan copy
• Degree & TEFL certificates
• Recent, smart photo
• Quote reference EFIDE07A in the email subject
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.