Teach English in Bhutan
START DATE: January, 2014
RAVEL A WORLD AWAY, MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. TEACH IN BHUTAN!
Are you interested in an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will…
• give you full-time PAID international teaching experience?
• expand your career horizons as you teach a fully IMMERSIVE national curriculum, taught in English?
• allow you to explore a new and unique culture, in one of the most remote and UNTOUCHED nations in the world?
• make a true DIFFERENCE in the lives of rural Bhutanese students and their communities in which you live?
Then apply to Teach in Bhutan!
Imagine a country in which a King instills democracy on his people, where residents of the capital city vote against the installation of traffic lights, where ancient monasteries stand sentinel in lush valleys and on snow-capped peaks, and the guiding principal of development is Gross National Happiness.
We are The Bhutan Canada Foundation, an organisation dedicated to furthering the development of Bhutan and its people through programs that impact its educational and social institutions.
We are currently recruiting qualified teachers to fulfill minimum one-year contracts offered by the Ministry of Education in Bhutan. We’re looking for primary educators, and junior/secondary English, math, science, and special education specialists.
Contracts begin January 2014 only!
• Two-week orientation in the capital city, Thimphu
• Support from both Toronto office and field office
• Mid-year retreat
• Paid position, with an English curriculum
• Fascinating and unique culture that is extremely welcoming to foreigners
• Accommodation, visas, work permit, flights are all secured with BCF’s staff
• Fundraising assistance and optional fundraising program to cover associated costs
• Strong alumni network and prep-assistance with other teachers
• Daily tariff is waived for all teachers
• National curriculum, created in conjunction with Canadian consultants
• Entire curriculum is online for access prior to arrival
• Concept of Gross National Happiness is infused into the curriculum
In order to work as a teacher in Bhutan, the Ministry of Education in Bhutan requires the following qualifications at the time you submit your application. To submit an application you must:
• Be a qualified teacher with at least ONE of the following:
1. Three years of full-time relevant classroom teaching experience (English, math, science, special Ed.)
2. A degree in Education
3. Teacher certification (provincial, state, or equivalent)
• Be a native English speaker
• Be qualified to teach or have prior experience teaching primary/elementary or high school math, science, English or special education
PLEASE NOTE – to officially apply to Teach in Bhutan, you must fill out our online application at http://www.teachinbhutan.org/apply. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT RESUMES WITHOUT A SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
EARN MORE AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://www.teachinbhutan.org/apply
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org