Teach English in Oman
START DATE: September 2013
SALARY: A tax-free salary of RO 1400- 1500 per month
A’Sharqiyah University in Ibra, Oman invites applications for the jobs of English Language Instructors in the General Foundation Program (GFP) starting September, 2013. We need more than 40 teachers. The positions will stay open until filled.
1. A tax-free salary of RO 1400- 1500 per month depending upon qualifications and experience. The salary is inclusive of accommodation and transportation. However, the University will offer assistance in finding accommodation and arranging transportation for the teachers.
2. An annual pro-rated paid leave of 45 days for each academic year.
3. An annual round-trip ticket (economy class) to the airport of origin.
4. A medical insurance scheme in accordance with the terms and policies of the Medical Insurance Company.
5. An end of service gratuity of one- month basic salary for each year of service.
6. A 20-hour teaching load.
7. A five-day working week (Saturday-Wednesday).
8. The employment contract shall be governed by the Oman Labor Law, and the University Bylaws, Policies and Procedures.
• M.A. or M. Sc. in English or Applied Linguistics; or B.A. or B.Sc. in English or Applied Linguistics; or a university degree with a teaching certificate (DELTA, CELTA, TEFL, TESOL, etc.)
• Teaching experience for at least two years at the tertiary level (university, college or language center, etc.)
• A copy of a valid passport.
• Two letters of recommendation.
• Certified Academic qualifications: degrees, certificates, etc.
• Work experience documents or letters to support work experience in the field of English Language Teaching at the tertiary level.
• A passport-size digital photo.
• Application Forms to be filled in by the applicants in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Higher Education in Oman. These forms will be sent to the applicants after their documents have been received by the HR Department.