Net salary (tax-free) of 960 Omani Rials(RO1=? 1.59).
General Foundation Program ESL Instructorsfor Oman
Program:General Foundation Programs
Job Title:English Instructor
Contract:Single-Based One Year (Renewable)
Work Year: 2011-2012 (commencing Sept. 2011)
• Bachelor Degree
• Professional Teaching Certificate (e.g., C(D)ELTA, TESOL, TEFL or equivalent)
• Minimum of 2 years of a teaching experience in a college/university (with a formal proof on letterhead) in the form of a service certificate/reference/recommendation letter
• Native competency in English
• To teach structure/ speaking practice, conversation, reading, writing, language laboratory and/or electives as assigned.
• To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
• To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
• To maintain a classroom environment conductive to learning.
• To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
• To become familiar and adhere to program and Company policy and procedures.
• To complete administrative duties as required or requested.
• To maintain performance and attendance records.
• To maintain resource materials and files.
• To refer non-academic problems to the appropriate person(s).
• To be willing to observe for purposes of professional development and to be observed in the facets of the program.
• To participate in the administrative meetings and professional development activities.
• To participate in the employee evaluation process (classroom observation and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
• To participate in activities during the Instructor’s scheduled class hours and, when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities.
• To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
Salary & Benefits
• Net salary (tax-free) of 960 Omani Rials(RO1=? 1.59).
• Annual paid leave of (45) days for each one completed contractual year of service
• Return air-ticket (economy class) to-fromport of origin.
• Medical Insurance scheme, excluding dental treatment and spectacles.
• Transportation from home to university campus and reverse.
• An end of service gratuity to be paid at the end of service.
• 25 contact hours/week.
• A candidate must stay on a 3-month probation period from the date of hire.
• A candidate must refrain from undertaking any other employment, paid/unpaid, or part/full-time, while employed by the company.
• The employment contract shall be governed by the Oman Labour Law(http://www.pdo.co.om/hseforcontractors/blocks/documentation/docs/laws/labour_law.pdf), and the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
** Please email us your resume in MS word format and recent photo ASAP.
Send to: email@example.com