Teach English in Africa
The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides a FREE, high-quality education to over 1,600 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha.
We are currently seeking applications from interested and qualified ESL Teachers, as the school is committed to the ongoing improvement of the English language skills of the teachers and support staff.
In this role you will have timetabled ESL lessons with both our teaching and support staff.
A minimum of one year commitment is required.
• Provide ESL lessons to teachers and support staff
• Model effective and varied English language learning activities and strategies and provide feedback on their progress and areas for further ESL support
• Liaise with teacher mentors to analyse the language demands and language features of academic subjects, and ensure learning addresses these demands
• Participate in in-service sessions as required, in collaboration with the teacher mentors
International volunteers receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Must be TEFL qualified (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL),
• Must have at least three years relevant teaching experience gained from a variety of levels
• English must be your first spoken language
• Preferably some experience in teaching ESL to adults
• Possess the integrity, open-mindedness and adaptability necessary to live and work in a developing country
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills
For further information please visit our website www.schoolofstjude.org