Location: Calgary, Canada
Start Date: ASAP
Bow Valley College contributes to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip learners for successful living, lifelong learning, and work in a global knowledge-based environment. You can be part of the team that makes a difference in the lives of our learners.
The English Language Learning Department is seeking to recruit a full-time program coordinator (part-time, distributed and regional programming) to meet our Vision 2020 targets which include language delivery from literacy to advanced in the 18+ age group. Using your exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills, you will facilitate both instructor and learner success in achieving program learning objectives through effective management of programs, and instructional and support staff.
Demonstrated competence in a leadership role, and familiarity with a variety of instructional modalities describes our successful candidate. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to facilitate, support and develop department objectives, and make valuable contributions to our learning community and the leadership team.
This role involves regular travel outside of Calgary to our regional sites and evening work.
Modeling the college’s vision and values in proving innovative, flexible, quality learning that is
outcome focused, you will:
- Respect, foster, and accommodate diverse learning needs
- Provide guidance to develop and enhance teaching and learning materials
- Apply principles of promising practice to teaching and learning
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
- Effective team player
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Adhere to adult learning principles and second language acquisition theory (SLA)
- Adept at using technology to achieve department objectives
- Committed to improvement and accountability
- Experience managing budgets and writing reports
- Bachelor degree with coursework in ESL
- 4 years ESL experience
- Proven experience in a coordination/leadership role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
Additional Application Requirements:
Please prepare a written response to the following and include with your electronic submission. (Hard copies will not be accepted.)
- If you are the successful candidate, what contributions will you make to the English Language Learning Department and Bow Valley College?
- Summarize how your training and education make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Please submit your application online by visiting the Employment Opportunities section of our website at: www.bowvalleycollege.ca