Teach English in Myanmar
START DATE: ends in February, 2014
SALARY: $1,800/month during the 10-week probationary period; $2,000/month for the remainder of the contract
Compensation and Benefits:
* $1,800/month during the 10-week probationary period; $2,000/month for the remainder of the contract.
* Free housing at the school with basic furnishings, free laundry service, and free weekly cleaning.
* Reimbursement for visas and expenses related to renewing visas.
* Myriad opportunities to connect with the local community and to learn about Myanmar.
* Chance to make a difference in the lives of those around you.
1. Lead a group of up to 25 preschool learners (ages 3-6) in educational activities in a full-day Montessori preschool class from Monday to Friday.
2. Work with a local Montessori-trained co-lead teacher and a local assistant teacher to provide creative and stimulating activities based on larger learning goals that are a part of the Montessori Method.
3. Participate in extracurricular and community-based activities as representatives of the school.
4. Host at least one after-school club which meets once per week for one hour.
5. Assume other regular school duties (e.g., supervise study hall on a rotating basis, participate in school or department meetings as necessary, etc.)
6. For those without Montessori certification, attend Saturday training sessions to learn how to teach lessons based on the Montessori Method.
1. Native English speaker
2. BA or BS degree (specialization in early childhood education preferred)
3. Minimum of two consecutive years’ worth of teaching KG or preschool-age children
4. Able to begin immediately and must already be in Asia
5. Willing and able to follow school policies to the letter
6. Must be single and without dependents
Email your cover letter, resume, and a recent photo to Dr. Gary Robson (principal) at Myanmarpcv@gmail.com.
School website: www.aismyanmar.com