Teach English in Japan
CITY: Chiba Prefecture
START DATE: February, 2013 onwards
SALARY: 250,000 yen salary with all work related transportation fees reimbursed
American Language School (ALS) has 60 schools situated throughout Japan but primarily based in Chiba Prefecture.
ALS is a member of ‘Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education’ sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education. ALS is also affiliated with the Narita Airport Authority in organizing airport area PR events, providing translation work, administrating English Lessons to support staff and the children of staff, evaluating (the English skills of) Air Traffic Controllers, etc. In addition, ALS maintains a strong connection with Oxford University Press & Cambridge University Press.
It is an exciting teaching opportunity requiring serious job dedication, cultural respect & flexibility, self-organization, creativity, enthusiasm, and professional pride.
The experience at ALS is both rewarding and challenging. All FULL-TIME teachers teach up to a 25 (contact) hour 5-day workweek within an eight hour time period per day. Additional responsibilities include interviewing prospective students, assisting school managers, making teaching materials, completing student reports, participating in holiday events, and welcoming our students.
ALS teachers need to maintain a professional appearance & attitude, display creativity and enthusiasm in their classes, actively participate in all teacher meetings, workshops, and seminars, be flexible, and have a desire to continue to improve as a teacher and as an ALS employee.
ALS Benefits include:
1. One year contract with full visa sponsorship.
2. 250,000 yen salary with all work related transportation fees reimbursed.
3. 5 Weeks of paid vacation and 5-6 paid holidays.
4. Single person apartment, minimally furnished, & a maximum rent of 55,000 yen.
5. Renewable contract with salary increase & contract completion bonus.
6. Transfer possibilities after completion of contract.
1) University Degree.
2) Native English Speaker.
3) ESL / EFL teaching experience (w/ children) and/or Japanese language ability.
4) CELTA / TESL / TEFL Certificates favorable, but not necessary.
Mail to: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving 1) your cover letter, 2) resume, 3) professional picture, and 4) personal picture. Our winter vacation is from December 23 to January 6, 2013. We will be able to accept email applications but no phone calls will be made during this time.