Teach English in Indonesia
CITY: South Jakarta
ELTI Gramedia is embarking on an exciting new chapter with the establishment of the UTS:INSEARCH Academic English Program in South Jakarta, Indonesia. We are seeking passionate ESL teachers to work with us.
ELTI GRAMEDIA is part of the Kompas Gramedia Group and a highly regarded, reputable conglomerate in Indonesia with extensive interests in media, hospitality and education.
INSEARCH and The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), are popular destinations for students intending to study in Australia. This is due to their international reputation for quality and teaching excellence.
Our curriculum reflects the latest thinking in blended approaches to teaching and learning, and combines best practice classroom teaching supported by technology enhanced learning.
We expect there to be significant growth over the next few years, with additional schools in Jakarta and other areas of Indonesia. We invite you to be a part of this exciting journey!
In addition to the usual responsibilities of teaching and supporting students, assessment and reporting, and classroom management, tasks will also include assisting with student orientation, tutoring small groups and mentoring less experienced teachers.
We offer the following remuneration and benefits package:
• renewable one year contract with a sponsored visa and work permit
• airfare allowance, 7 days free accommodation on arrival
• very competitive salary of 14.5 -19.3 million rupiah net per month (in-hand) + annual bonus
• extra salary allowance for teachers with Indonesian experience
• national holidays plus 20 days leave per annum
• medical insurance
• professional development
• introductory Bahasa Indonesian language lessons.
Certain criteria are mandated for all ESL teachers in order to be eligible for an Indonesian visa/work permit:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree with a major in English or English disciplines, such as Linguistics or TESOL
• TEFL certified, CELTA or Trinity(TESOL)
• aged between 23 and 58 years
• native English language speaker
• hold a passport from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States
• able to provide a pre-employment health check stating you are HIV/AIDS and drug free.
In addition, the following experience and capabilities are required:
• at least 3 years’ ESL teaching experience
• effective classroom and resource management skills
• a flexible, adaptable, and collaborative approach to work
• good interpersonal skills and an interest in different cultures.
IELTS teaching experience would be well regarded.
For more information:
Please include a copy of your CV with your enquiry. We will respond to those who have the required qualifications and experience within 24 hours.