Teach English in Malaysia
CITY: Selangor, Penang, Perak, Keda
START DATE: January 2014
SALARY: US$2400 – US$3000
SMR HR Group has successfully fulfilled the requirements of the Malaysian Ministry of Education Native Speaker Mentoring Programme from January 2011 to its conclusion in September 2013. A vast majority of the mentors are returning to continue the project, but we still have ten places for new mentors. The next phase will commence in January 2014. We are particularly looking for trainers who have Primary School teaching experience and appropriate qualifications in EFL/ESL. Please contact for further information.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a resume along with a photograph of yourself that was taken in the last six months. Applications will be assessed and short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and a subsequent interview will be arranged using Skype. I appreciate that a number of candidates responded to this advert in October which was prior to the announcement of the continuation of the project and so we were not in a position to make a firm offer of employment at that time. Now that the project has been officially extended by the Ministry of Education successful applicants can be assured of a position.
It is important that in your resume you give prominence to teaching experience you have had with young children, stating ages, class sizes, subjects taught, methodology used and any other information that would demonstrate your skills and experience at teaching young children and mentoring / training teachers.
This is a wonderful opportunity for trained teachers to hone their mentoring and coaching skills with teachers in Malaysia. It is an ideal environment to contribute and also learn and grow in your personal abilities as there is so much to learn from the Malaysian teachers that you will be working with. This project is much more about sharing and caring than conveying academic principles.
All applicants should be in possession of a full car driving licence.
Native speaker competence in English (This does not preclude applicants whose first language is not English)
First Degree (in any subject though English or ESL qualifications preferred)
Three years teaching experience. The majority of which should be with Primary Children. Preference will be given to candidates who have a primary teaching background and those who have overseas experience
CELTA or equivalent ESL/EFL teaching qualification
All will be expected to pay local income tax. Salaries will be allocated as follows:
From RM8,000 (approx US$2400) to RM10,000 (approx US$3000) depending upon qualifications and experience.
In addition mentors will receive:
1. A monthly allowance of RM1500 to help offset the expenses such as accommodation, petrol, telephone and laptop.
2. The use of a company car. Servicing of the car will be the responsibility of the mentor, but mechanical maintenance will be paid for by the company.
3. A one off settling in allowance of RM4000 to help with initial arrival costs.
4. Return air fares for mentor and spouse (on completion of full contract).
5. Holiday allowance of RM3000 for school vacation time in November and December 2014.
6. A contract completion bonus of RM20,000 will be paid on completion of the contract in September 2015. (This will be paid pro-rata for candidates joining the project after January 2013).
7. Comprehensive medical insurance plan that covers routine doctors visits to hospitalization. (Dental, Pregnancy and Mental health issues excluded).
8. The company will also arrange visa and immigration requirements for the mentor and assist in obtaining appropriate visas for spouse and family.
All applications will be acknowledged and potential candidates will be invited to be interviewed by one or more of the management team. The names of successful candidates are forwarded to the Ministry of Education staff for approval and once received mentors can be offered a contract immediately. This process may take up to two weeks, depending upon the response time from the Ministry of Education.
For further information or just to send your resume, please contact any of the following email addresses: Previous applicants are welcome to apply again
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com