Teach English in Poland
START DATE: July/August 2013
SALARY: Base Pay – PLN 3,500 (approx. US$ 1,150)
Native speaker for Polish preschool & kindergarten KIDZCORNER ( www.kidzcorner.pl )
Kidzcorner is a network of Warsaw based international preschools and kindergartens. Our schools are bilingual (English-Polish) and apply the language immersion method. We are also members of the worldwide network of UNESCO Associated Schools (ASPnet) and as such conduct a dedicated UNESCO program specifically designed to help our children become aware of important matters such as cultural and natural heritage, cultural diversity, tolerance, etc. We are enthusiastic about showing our children the values of art, music and sport.
We are currently looking to fill the positions of English teacher working as part of a two-teacher English-Polish teacher team assigned to a group of 3-4 year old children on a full time basis. The groups number max 18 children.
The remuneration is paid out in Polish currency (PLN) and covers the following:
– Base Pay – PLN 3,500 (approx. US$ 1,150) for 8 hours daily excluding weekends and Polish public holidays
– Furnished accommodation near the school – provided by Kidzcorner; contribution towards rent deducted from the base pay
– Private healthcare – monthly contribution of PLN 40 deducted from the base pay
– Reimbursement of Polish lessons – up to PLN 3,500, provided the teacher extends employment with Kidzcorner for another school year
– Loan from the company to purchase a PC – monthly installments deducted from the base pay
– Immigration/residency – we cover the cost of obtaining a Polish residence permit
– Additional pay of PLN 35 for individual 30-minute English classes with children held during the school’s working hours
– Paid vacation and sick days
Start date: July/August 2013 for 12 or 24 months
Qualifications, experience and requirements
Qualifications: higher education (college or university), preferably with a degree in early childhood education, psychology or linguistics.
An ESL/TESL or equivalent qualification is a must, if the candidate has not completed a degree in early childhood education.
Experience: our strong preference is for teachers with experience of working with young learners aged 2 -6. We will favor candidates, who have experience in teaching English as a foreign language, preferably in a language immersion setting.
Requirements: native speakers who are citizens of the USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia or New Zealand
1) Teaching a 30-40 min English class once or twice daily (lesson plans and material are provided)
2) Caring for the children, together with the Polish teacher, throughout the whole day
3) Preparing preschool events (e.g. Christmas show for the parents)
4) Participating in internal staff meetings/trainings and parent meetings
5) Following school standards as regards maintaining school documentation