Teach English in Oman
START DATE: Immediate Start
Excellent Vacancies to Teach English Language in the Sultanate of Oman
Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre requires Native English Language Lecturers and Instructors, to work for the Ministry of Higher Education Specialized Colleges in Sohar and Sur cities.
Successful applicants will be required to commence duties immediately.
Working hours will be 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Saturday to Wednesday. Teaching hours will be 20 hours per week. Thursday & Friday are non-working days. The teachers will be working for the Ministry only and he/she is not permitted to work for any other party.
There are 2 vacancies available, in the above two Colleges.
1. Monthly Tax Free Basic Salary depending on qualifications and related experience:
a. 775 Omani Riyal, for Bachelor Degree Holders
b. 840 Omani Riyal, for Master Degree Holders
c. 1000 Omani Riyal, For PhD Degree Holders
2. Monthly Workplace allowance of 100/— Omani Riyal.
3. Monthly Transport allowance of 60/— Omani Riyal.
4. The Centre will cover Water/Electricity charges up to 30/— Omani Riyal Monthly.
5. Suitable, furnished, air-conditioned accommodation. (List of furniture items will be sent to the candidates at later stage depending on the marital status and the number of children).
6. contract up to 31/8/2013 renewable upon mutual agreement.
7. 60 days annual leave per completed year of service. The leave payment will accrue on a pro-rata basis for each completed month of service (5 days per each completed month of service).
8. Medical insurance for employee, spouse and two children below the age of 18 years.
9. Workplace accident insurance for employee (Riyal Omani 5000 compensation in case of death or total disability due to work)
10. One-way economy tickets for staff, spouse and two children below the age of 18 years to join duties and the same at the end of the contract. 75% value cash payment of Economy return tickets for staff, spouse and two children in case of renewal of contract.
11. One month basic salary gratuity payment per each year of service. Provided that the employee completed the first 12 months of service.
12. Free medical services in the approved clinics and hospitals by the Centre for employee, spouse and two children below 18 years old.
1. Bachelor in English Language, or relevant subject, with a TESOL or TEFL certificate and with a minimum of 3 years experience. Or
2. Master’s Degree in TESOL, TEFL, Applied Linguistics, Literature or related subject and with a minimum of 2 years experience, or
3. PhD in TESOL, TEFL, Applied Linguistics, Literature or related subject and with a minimum of 2 years experience.
Initially the candidates should send the following details:
Detailed Curriculum Vitae giving career history, qualifications, experience, and personal details of the candidate (Marital Status, no of dependents, Date of Birth), supported by photocopies of qualifications and experience testimonials, current passport and four passport-sized colored photographs, to be scanned and sent to the email address below. Age limit is 58 years old.
In addition to that, you need to send the whole application, supported by the documents mentioned above, to:
Director of Recruitment
P.O Box 409, Postal Code 113 Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Tel: + 968 99373518 (Mobile) , or + 968 24486444 (Office), Fax: + 968 24484112
WAY No 3520, Building Number 1559 , Al Khuwair
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be notified of the dates and locations of the interviews if required.