Location: Amman, Jordan
• Attractive salary package negotiable – depending on experience
• An outstanding opportunity has recently become available to join the Macquarie University English Language Centre – Jordan as a Director of Studies
• Initial one year term with Unihouse Jordan
Access Macquarie Ltd (Access MQ) is a commercial subsidiary of Macquarie University, which operates the Macquarie University English Language Centre (ELC). Access MQ has entered into an association with Unihouse, Jordan to provide English Language Programs at the Macquarie University English Language Centre – Jordan. Our partner Unihouse has requested that Access MQ identify a suitable person to fill the position of Director of Studies in Jordan.
As Director of Studies (DOS) of the Macquarie University English Language Centre in Jordan the successful candidate will be employed by Unihouse, Jordan and report to an academic board consisting of the General Manager and Chairman of Unihouse Jordan and the Head of Macquarie University English Language Centre. The DOS shall be responsible for the strategic and operational educational management of the school’s activities.
The induction for the successful candidate will include a two week period in Sydney, Australia.
CORE ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Effectively manage the Macquarie University English Language Centre in Jordan and develop strong and continuous relationships with key stakeholders (including Unihouse, Jordanian Universities, Macquarie University, Austrade).
• Designs and implements business development activities to support overall business strategy.
• Manages the academic development of the centre in line with ELC requirements and according to Jordanian law.
• Manages the operations of the Centre and mentors key support staff.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
• Excellent communication skills in English and preferably bilingual with Arabic.
• Strong leadership and problem solving skills.
• Successful track record of marketing English Language programs.
• Substantial experience of the requirements and processes offshore English Language education.
• Knowledge of principles of curriculum development in the University English Centre context.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of pedagogy in relation to English Language teaching.
• Ability to represent Unihouse at a high level with stakeholders, including the Diplomatic community and Jordanian universities.
• Postgraduate qualifications in educational administration, education or TESOL, or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
• Demonstrated success in the management of human resources.
• High level relationship management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Enquiries and further information can be obtained by contacting Peter Field firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 3132.
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com