Teach English in Vietnam
CITY: Hai Phong
START DATE: Jan, 2013
SALARY: 1,300 USD-1,800 USD/ month
Start date:straight away
Apollo Education and Training, a member of International House World Organization, was the first foreign-run language centre in Vietnam. We began in 1994 and now operate 6 centres in four cities across Vietnam. As a full fledged language centre, Apollo offers classes in General English, IELTS, TOEFL, Business English, Pronunciation, English for Young Learners, and English for Teenagers. We also offer in-house teacher training programs for our teachers, as well as public TKT courses for Vietnamese teachers.
• Teaching across a range of levels, ages, and courses
• Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 15-25 hours per week . Classes run from 7:30am to 9:45pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and 7:45am to 6pm on Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible.
• Planning student-centered and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Administering and marking mid- and end-of-level tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Participating in professional development activities, such as attendance at training sessions and peer and senior observations among other things
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Essential requirements for all teaching positions
• Native English speaker
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC*
• BA or MA*
• Clean criminal record check ( with validity within 3 months )
• Experience with teaching Young Learners/ Kindy/ General English or Business English experience is preferred
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 6 months validity on passport
• Competitive salary per month with up to $1000 bonuses (including end of contract bonus), depending on qualifications, experience and hours worked.
• Overtime payment and incentive bonuses
• Additional IELTS and cooperate teaching are paid: extra $2 – 3$ per hour. (Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong, tax is payable on a regressive scale).
• Work permit covered by Apollo
• Fully – paid leave : up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.edu.vn www.teachatapollo.com
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms Tiara Nguyen: email@example.com
• Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English, your current photo and scanned copies of your BA/MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.