Teach English in Vietnam
CITY: 8 centers across 4 cities in Vietnam
SALARY: Competitive salary with satisfactory contract completion bonus
A great opportunity in EFL management in a fascinating and vibrant country.
Apollo English is looking for candidates for the Academic Manager role, running the EFL program at one of our centers in Vietnam.
Established in 1994, Apollo English operates in 8 centers across 4 cities in Vietnam. We offer a wide range of classes teaching general, business and exam preparation English to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients. We also run CELTA programs and public teacher-training courses for Vietnamese teachers.
The successful candidate will preferably have a strong background in both EFL and management. The Academic Manager oversees all aspects of the EFL program, working with the academic team nationwide and the Centre Manager. They are responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining a high standard of teaching with regular observations and teacher development. Excellent administrative, communication, IT, and organizational skills are essential. A DELTA or equivalent is preferred, as is previous experience in a management post.
• Ongoing professional development
• An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
• Gain experience in a wide variety of courses and levels
• The opportunity to develop and grow within the organisation
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Competitive packages
– Planning; Efficient and high quality implementation of strategic EFL plan for the centre – Performance and development of EFL staff (senior staff, teachers, administrative staff, and teaching assistants)
– Budget management
– Evaluation and reporting
– Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
– Identifying opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to the centre
– Organizing and giving workshops and training for teachers
– Monitoring teachers and giving feedback
– Teaching English classes
– Salary: Competitive salary with satisfactory contract completion bonus
– Medical insurance allowance
– Flight allowance
– 20 (twenty) working days paid annual leave + 10 (ten) national holidays paid per year.
– Visa and work permit costs covered
– Native English speaker
– BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements )
– CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
– Flexibility and cultural awareness
– At least 3 years post qualification experience
– Proven people skills and management experience
– Previous training and mentoring experience preferred
– DELTA/Trinity Diploma preferred
– Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country preferred
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.edu.vn / www.teachatapollo.com
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms Tiara Nguyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your application should include a cover letter stating your interest for the post, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your BA/MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.