Teach English in Japan
CITY: Maebashi-Takasaki area of Gunma Prefecture
START DATE: September 2nd, 2013
M’s English is a small private English conversation school with over ten yearsf experience in the Maebashi-Takasaki area of Gunma Prefecture.
We are currently seeking a full-time native English speaker to teach at our school. We specialize in English conversation for elementary students, and in the last four years have expanded to include adult students. We also publish our own elementary texts and have a well-developed nursery school visit program.
A strong work ethic, solid communication skills, willingness to learn new things, and flexibility are all musts. Enthusiasm, musical inclination, positive energy and a cheerful disposition will make your time here enjoyable and greatly benefit the students. Experience working with children is preferred, but in addition to orientation training, we provide ongoing hands-on training that will assist you in your development as an educator. You’ll soon find that you get what you put in, and therefs a lot of good that comes from working with the students and staff at M’s English.
Position: Full-time Native English Instructor
Location: M’s English, Takasaki City and Maebashi City, Gunma
Job Description & Responsibilities:
– Actively communicate and cooperate with a multi-national staff on projects, lessons, and events
– Teach English to both children and adults at our school
– Teach English lessons outside of our school at kindergartens, nursery schools, culture centers, companies etc.
– Plan lessons and prepare conversation activities for lessons
– Plan and participate in all school events, elementary students’ performances, seasonal events, textbooks fairs, etc.
– Participate in planning and making materials to be published
Contract, Remuneration & Holidays:
The successful candidate will be offered a contract through March 2015 (19 months total) with the option to renew for the next academic year and a salary based on teaching experience.
1.) Teaching Experience: Two years or less in Japan
Basic Salary: ￥250,000/month*
If both the Company and the Employee agree to renew the contract for the 2015-2016 academic year, the Employee will receive a ￥60,000 bonus and a raise, bringing the Basic Salary to ￥260,000/month.
2.) Teaching Experience: More than two years in Japan (JLPT N3 Required)
Basic Salary: ￥260,000/month*
If both the Company and the Employee agree to renew the contract for the 2015-2016 academic year, the Employee will receive a ￥80,000 bonus and a raise, bringing the Basic Salary to ￥270,000/month.
*Initial Contract Period:
Employment begins September 2nd, 2013; the first three months of employment will be considered the Initial Contract Period. From the end of the Initial Contract Period, payment of the above Basic Salary will begin.
– Initial Contract Period remuneration is as follows:
– First monthfs salary: ￥200,000/month (140 hours total, 4 days a week)
– Following two monthsf salary: ￥230,000/month (160 total, 5 days a week)
– Initial Contract Period completion bonus of ￥40,000
National Health Insurance: It is mandatory for the Employee to enroll in National Health Insurance (kokumin kenkou hoken) and pay the premium every month to comply with the Immigration Laws of Japan. The Company shall provide a ￥10,000 monthly allowance paid to the Employee in the addition to the Basic Salary to subsidize the insurance premium paid by the Employee.
Holidays: Two days a week (including Sunday), national holidays (including one week for both Golden Week and Silver Week), summer and winter breaks (two weeks each).
– must currently reside in Japan
– must hold a valid International Driving Permit or Japanese Driverfs License
1) Cover Letter
3) One current photo
4) Two professional references
5) Copy of university diploma
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Please submit your application and inquiries to recruit.msenglish @ gmail.com.
Wefre looking forward to hearing from you!