Teach English in Korea
START DATE: November 2012
SALARY: A salary of 2.0 – 2.4 million won per month for 28 hours teaching (depending on teaching experience and qualifications).
Benefits with an annual contract:
1. A salary of 2.0 – 2.4 million won per month for 28 hours teaching(depending on teaching experience and qualifications).
2. Housing: A furnished one room studio-type for single
3. Round-trip airfare if recruited from abroad.
4. Medical insurance.
5. Severance pay
1. Max. 28 teaching hours (40-50 minutes lesson per class hour) weekly
2. Regular Classes between 3:00pm – 10:20pm / Monday – Friday, no Saturdays and Sundays, and no split shifts except for overtime hours. As an exception, if there is an event to do with the Center on Saturday, the instructor can be called on to work for the event no more than once per term(one term: 12 weeks).
3. Three week paid vacation in addition to all national holidays
(One week in summer, two weeks in winter,)
4. Four-day paid sick leave per contract period(with a doctor’s proof).
5. Overtime possible(25,000 won per a hour/60minutes)
6. Class size – maximum 8-12 students, classrooms are equipped with a computer and a projector
7. Age/level of students – from pre-school (age 4) to K12 (Primary and secondary) as well as adult conversation courses
Education/experience requirements for all positions:
1. A native speaker of English with B.A. degree or higher
2. Education(early childhood, primary or secondary major) or/and TEFL, TESOL certificate or higher prefered
3. Minimum one year of experience teaching children (K – Grade 9) a must, Teaching experiences with Korean students preferred
4. Preference will be also given to teachers moving within Korea.
Interested applicants should send the documents listed below to arrange an interview;
The position will be open on November 19th, 2012.
1. A letter of application describing their qualifications and experience
2. A current resume with photo(taken within 3 months)
3. A copy of passport information page
4. A copy of diploma
5. References with contact numbers or e-mail