Teach English in Taiwan
SALARY: The annual salary is $35,000 USD or $26,400 USD after taxes.
The American International Language Academy (AILA) is an afternoon cram school located in Hsinchu, Taiwan. The school is 40 miles south of Taipei and provides English language training to students aged 5 to 16. Please visit our website (www.a1americanschool.org) to see pictures of our classrooms, current and past teachers, and your potential students. We are looking to hire an experienced EFL teacher as soon as possible.
1. Applicants will relocate to Hsinchu, Taiwan.
2. Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education.
3. The annual salary is $35,000 USD or $26,400 USD after taxes.
4. A furnished 2-bedroom apartment is available to rent for $200 USD/month.
5. Applicants must be of United States citizenship.
6. Applicant must be patient and work well with children.
7. Applicants do not need to know Mandarin Chinese.
8. Applicants will plan their own daily lessons.
9. The contract is for a 12-month term and 40 hour work weeks every Monday through Friday.
10. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, seven days paid vacation upon completion of contract terms, and reimbursement of round-trip airfare to and from permanent address.
Applicants must have a strong command of English grammar for Grades K-6, including a solid understanding of sentence structures, parts of speech, punctuation, etc. Applicants must understand how to teach to multiple learning styles, including aural, visual, verbal, physical, logical, social, and solitary. Applicants must speak clearly, enunciating consonants, vowels, and blends. Applicants must be able to plan lessons that are organized, structured, innovative, and creative. Finally, applicants will be expected to collaborate with fellow teachers on the curriculum and motivational strategies for the students.
The experience of teaching English in Taiwan is challenging yet phenomenal and one in which most people never forget. Since cost of living is relatively low, teachers tend to be able to save enough to pay off student loans and the likes. If you have any questions, please call James at +886-3-523-8000.
TO APPLY: e-mail ( Apply@A1AmericanSchool.org ) the following:
1) Cover letter.
2) Philosophy of teaching statement.
3) A copy of your resume or C.V.
4) A scanned copy of your valid passport (showing expiration date).
5) A copy of your transcript.
6) A copy of your diploma.