Teach English in Vietnam
CITY: Hai Phong
START DATE: Start Immediately
SALARY: Competitive salary per month with up to $1000 bonuses (including end of contract bonus), depending on qualifications, experience and hours worked.
• Teaching across a range of levels, ages, and courses
• Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 15-25 hours per week . Classes run from 7:30am to 9:45pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and 7:45am to 6pm on Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible.
• Planning student-centered and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Administering and marking mid- and end-of-level tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Participating in professional development activities, such as attendance at training sessions and peer and senior observations among other things
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
• Overtime payment and incentive bonuses
• Additional IELTS and cooperate teaching are paid: extra $2 – 3$ per hour. (Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong, tax is payable on a regressive scale).
• Work permit covered by Apollo
• Fully – paid leave : up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
• Native English speaker
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC*
• BA or MA*
• Clean criminal record check ( with validity within 3 months )
• Experience with teaching Young Learners/ Kindy/ General English or Business English experience is preferred
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity