Teach English in Taiwan
CITY: Taoyuan County
START DATE: March, 2013
SALARY: NT$640 per hour (starting rate with attendance bonus) (Approx. $21.00 US or $22.00 CAD)
Gloria English School is one of the largest and most reputable English schools in Taiwan, with over 12,000 students, approximately 450 staff members, and 18 branches throughout Taoyuan County. Established in 1978, Gloria has been a leader in the private education industry for 30 years. We have a fully developed curriculum that integrates games, songs, current events, drama, and gestures. At Gloria English School, learning is fun!
Gloria English School is currently seeking teachers to teach English as a second language to children and youth of all age levels (4-18 year olds) as well as adults.
Gloria offers a competitive salary, a one-year bonus of NT$25,000 and a contract renewal bonus of NT$30,000 in addition to performance and holiday bonuses, free accommodation, health and dental insurance, and assistance with work permit and ARC application. In addition, the Gloria community is very close-knit! The professional, yet casual and friendly environment at Gloria guarantees that you will have both a fantastic teaching career as well as an exciting lifestyle in Taiwan.
What Gloria Offers:
1. NT$640 per hour (starting rate with attendance bonus) ¡V approx. $21.00 US or $22.00 CAD OR NT$ 600 (starting rate without attendance bonus) – approx. $20.00 US or $21.0250 CAD
2. Job security through guaranteed hours (a minimum average of 20 hours per week)
3. One-year bonus of NT$25,000 (approx. $ 835 USD or $848 CAD)
4. Free housing for 15 months (single rooms with shared living room, kitchen, and bathrooms)
5. Health and dental insurance
6. Assistance with work permit and ARC application
7. Additional bonuses (attendance, student re-enrolment, holiday…etc.)
8. Fully developed curriculum with teaching materials
9. Extensive training program
10. Airport pick-up
Start Date: Multiple positions available from March through May 2013.
(1) University degree OR 2-year college diploma and TESOL/TEFL certificate
(2) US or Canadian citizen
(3) Native English Speaker
(4) Ability to complete a one-year contract
Please submit your resume, a copy of your diploma, and a copy of your passport (biographical page) to Amanda Hsu (Director of Teaching Administration) at firstname.lastname@example.org