Teach English in Thailand
CITY: Bangkok, Prathum Thani, Buriram and Nangrong
START DATE: May, 2013
SALARY: 35,00 baht salary per month
BFITS is currently hiring for Intensive Communicative English Program teaching positions for the next academic school year (2013/2014) which starts the first week of May 2013 and runs to March 2014.
Positions starting as soon as possible. The following are the remaining open positions.
Primary Grade 3 ICEP Teacher: Teaching grade 3 intensive English program for 24 hours a week to 8 classes of Grades 3 (3 hours per class per week). The school is a private Catholic girls school located in Sala Daeng.
Secondary Grades 7 & 10 ICEP Teacher: Teaching grades 7 and 10 intensive English program for 18 hours a week to 6 classes of Grades 7 and 10 (3 hours per class per week). The school is a public, mixed (boy/girl) school located in Future Park area of Rangsit near Dream World.
Primary Grade 3 ICEP Teacher: Teaching grade 3 intensive English program for 20 hours a week to 4 classes of Grades 3 (5 hours per class per week). The school is a private Catholic, mixed (boy/girl) school located in Buriram.
Primary Grades 1, 3 & 5 ICEP Teacher: Teaching grades 1, 3 and 5 intensive English program for 20 hours a week to 4 classes of Grades 1, 3 and 5 (5 hours per class per week). The school is a private Catholic, mixed (boy/girl) school located in Nangrong.
• 35,00 baht salary per month plus 500 baht per hour over 100 teaching hours/monthly.
• 11 month academic year contract that can be extended for additional years and additional benefits.
*No unpaid months or reduced pay due to school holidays or reduced teaching hours
• Monthly supplemental attendance bonus of 750 baht per month.
• End of Contract bonus up to 30,000 baht.
• Guaranteed yearly 3% cost of living pay increase minimum.
• BUPA medical insurance paid.
• BUPA dental insurance paid.
• 1-2 weeks paid vacation (additional week for additional years of employment up to 4 weeks).
• All Thai government holidays off with pay (13-15 days annually)
*These are mandatory government holidays in addition to the paid vacation.
• 2-4 Paid personal/sick days (unused personal days reimbursed at 500 baht per day at end of contract).
• Assistance in obtaining a Non-B visa (Teacher must provide proper documentation-Original degree/TEFL).
• Visa extension, work permit, and teacher’s license paid by BFITS.
• Required “Thai Culture Course” for Work Permit/Visa paid by company.
• Assistance (if needed) in locating housing.
• Airport pickup. (if needed)
• Yearly professional development training provided for free during school breaks. Topics of training based on teacher requests and needs.
• Western Management.
• Teaching hours range from 15-25 a week.
• Class sizes range from 25-40 students per class with air conditioned classrooms.
• School hours are approximately 08.00-15.30 Monday to Friday.
• Curriculum and lesson plans are already developed and provided to teacher.
• All teaching materials are supplied by BFITS in digital format on a notebook computer: Teacher Editions, Student Editions, Interactive Chalkboard (pre-made powerpoints), Examview Test Generator, etc.
* Classrooms equipped with LCD projectors so Power Point experience is needed.
• Teach assigned subjects to assigned classes as per schedule provided.
• Adapt and deliver power point lessons from Interactive Chalkboard (pre-made Power Points) provided by BFITS.
• Modify and adapt lessons to meet the needs of your class.
PLEASE NOTE: All lessons are delivered via notebook computer using Powerpoint.
IT skills are a prerequisite of this position.
• Maintain weekly office hours.
• Maintain student grading/assessment using company online Learning Management System.
• Attend office meetings or professional development held during office hours (if/when needed).
• Native English Speaker (Passport and Degree from USA, Canada, UK, Australia).
• Bachelor’s Degree (preference given to degrees in education or content area wishing to teach).
• TEFL/TESOL Certification.
• Police Clearance.
• Basic Office/IT Skills.
• One or more years teaching experience preferred (non-experienced teachers will be considered provided they have degrees specific to the content to be taught).
If you’re serious about making a significant impact on our students, please consider Bright Future International Training & Services.