Teach English in Yemen
START DATE: 10th June, 2013
SALARY: Starting Salary is $700USD
New Horizons Training Center is hiring ESL English Teachers beginning of 10th of June 2012.
We are looking to hire 10 teachers, who desire to visit new places and discover other cultures and make remarkable changes and adventures in their lives. We offer both educational and entertainment programs for English instructors. New Horizons provide trips and tours to different cities in Yemen that will allow you to explore the culture of Yemen’s ancient civilizations, its rich architectural heritage and diverse natural wonders, which range from Red Sea coral reefs to dusty deserts to mountain peaks. Moreover, Arabic and computer courses will be offered.
Hence, the contract will be for minimum of 1 year and open for extension. We will offer the following:
1- Shared furnished accommodation will be provided included utilities i.e. electricity, water & gas.
2- Arabic Courses.
3- Computer courses. (Application, Technical)
4- Business management skills courses will be provided.
5- Cultural activities and free field trips to historical sites in Yemen.
6- Starting Salary is $700USD.
7- We will provide round trip flight tickets.
Position Title: English Language Program Teacher
To deliver English Language training to New Horizons students following the New Horizons delivery system, method and procedures.
1. Class Preparation:
• Accountable for designing and developing individual Lesson Plans
following the methods and systems outlined by Program Manager.
• Ensure timely and appropriate delivery of classroom Exercise and/or
Conversation Club classes.
• Ensure compliance with New Horizons policies and practices for program
delivery and customer service.
• Ensure that prior to each lesson the online course is reviewed and understood.
• Be present in the New Horizons center 40 hours a week.
• Teach up to 33 hours a week.
• Spend at least 7 hours a week preparing classes or aiding students.
• Monitor and report student progress using the Teacher Management System (TMS).
• Attend staff meetings.
3. Program Administration:
• Conduct, score and interpret student on-line, written and oral placement tests.
• Determine the proper placement of students in classes based on test scores.
• Advise students on such issues as progress and performance by regularly monitoring progress.
• Submit a collection of lesson plans on a monthly basis to Program Manager for review.
4. Other duties as determined by General Manager.
• Ability to work well in a structured and well-defined system.
• Able to motivate people to achieve their learning goals.
• Two or more years of ESL teaching experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Required. MA in TESL or education preferred. Professional involvement (TESOL,
• NAFSA, etc.) Preferred.
• Native speaker fluency: Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
• Experience teaching in a non-English speaking country preferred.
• Computer literacy and ability to demonstrate proficiency in software applications.
Resumes can be sent to the following