Teach English in Taiwan
START DATE: Immediate opening
SALARY: Minimum monthly pay NT$60,000-68,000
English Teachers Needed in Taiwan!
Kang Ning English School (KNES) is a private English school established in 1986. The school has two departments, the Language Department, with mainly elementary and secondary school students, and Kindergarten Department (KD), with 3-6 years olds. Some of the LD students meet twice a week for English instruction and some come every day for different subjects in English. The KD students come every day for all subjects in English. We currently have thirteen full-time English-native-speaking teachers from all over the world. We provide a positive, stable & supportive educational environment with English speaking staff. The foreign teachers¡¦ turnover rate is one of the lowest in Hsinchu county. We are looking for English native-speaking educators with teaching passion and professionalism. Our KD has an immersion program in which teachers work from 9:00am to 6:00 or 7:30pm. LD teachers work from 1:00am-9:30pm. Saturday hours are optional and bear extra pay.
The school is located in zhudong(or spelled as Chutung, Judong), Hsinchu County, with three branches within 15 minutes of drive. Zhudong is a medium-sized town with a population of 100,000. There are 4 universities and 3 colleges nearby. It takes 30 minutes to get to the ocean and 5 minutes to the mountains by car. It is about 70-minute drive to Taipei, the capital and biggest city of Taiwan. Neighboring areas (within 30 minutes of drive) include: Jhubei, Hsinchu city & the Science Park (Taiwan Silicon Valley).
Start date and contract period
Immediate opening, also screen resume year round. Minimum contract period is 1 year, two years preferred.
Minimum monthly pay NT$60,000-68,000 depending on professional & academic qualifications, with end of contract bonus, perfect attendance bonus, performance bonus, and additional overtime pay & bonus, free staff trips, free meals/snacks, health insurance & ARC, and paid national holidays/vacationREQUIREMENTS:
BA degree or AA degree with ESL/EFL teaching certificates. Minimum one year contract, two years preferred
Application for Teaching Position
Kang Ning English School
Date of Birth: _____________________
Current Telephone: ________________ Permanent Telephone:_____________ E-mail:_________________
Mailing Address: __________________________________________________
Permanent Address: _______________________________________________
Marital Status: ____________ Number of Children: _______
* Please list your Post Secondary Education: including names of school, years attended(from mon/yr to mon/yr), major & degree.
* Please list your detailed Employment History chronologically
A.) Teaching Experience if available: Including names of schools/institutions & located countries, subject & age level taught, years served(from mon/yr to mon/yr)
B.) Other professional experiences including part time positions: including name of companies & located countries, job nature & title, years served(from mon/yr to mon/yr)
* Please describe any professional/personal experiences which have prepared you for working overseas and /or teaching Chinese children.
* Why are you interested in teaching English as a foreign language in Taiwan?
* Please describe your long term and short term career goals.
* Please describe your personality and personal interests or hobbies.
* Please describe your health. Are you a smoker or a non-smoker?
* Which department are you interested in working in? When are you available? Where did you find the job posting?
* When will you be able to arrive in Taiwan, if needed to come asap?
* A two-year commitment is desired. How do you think you can make it?
* Please list at least two persons familiar with your professional background whom we may contact by phone & email as references.
Interested applicants should email the attached application, a copy of passport, and two references with email and/or phone number to Serena Wen, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify your preference of the department (KD or LD). For further information about the school, please visit our website at www.kangning.com.tw
Contact information of the school is as below –
No.39, Park Rd. Zhudong, Hsinchu County, 310 Taiwan