Teach English in Taiwan
START DATE: 1st August, 2013
SALARY: Monthly salary ranges from $2,000-3000 US/ month
Tsai Hsing School is an esteemed institution with a rich history in Taipei and a new kindergarden branch in Zhengzhou. Our progressive English program blends content-based instruction and student-centered activities with traditional methods to promote effective use of language and responsible global citizenship.
* Approximately 25 teaching periods per week and on campus daily for entirety of school day. Submit lesson plans when requested.
* Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher parent meetings and other special events.
* Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams.
* Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during school day.
* Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams.
* Monthly salary ranges from $2,000-3000 US/ month, commensurate with experience and certification
* Lodging provided
* 1 airline ticket per year of service (not to exceed $1500 per ticket)
* Commitment of 2 year-long terms are from August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014 and from August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2015.
* Approximately 3 weeks paid vacation (over Chinese New Year break)
* Paid time off for local holidays and days between semesters
* Up to six weeks of optional unpaid time off during summer break is available from end of semester until mid-August.
If option is not exercised, teacher will teach summer school and get paid the standard monthly rate.
*Actual time off depends on Education Bureau calendar for that year
* Health insurance provided by school.
* School will assist with work permit application.
* Must be able to provide access to a demo lesson in Los Angeles or Taipei or an electronic copy of a 3-5 minute demo lesson video
* Must be able to interview in Downtown LA, Taipei or over teleconferencing
* Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references
* No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary
If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.