Teach English in Thailand
START DATE: April/May, 2013
SALARY: 28,000 – 33,000 Baht per month
Ranked #1 of all high schools in the province, Benchama is home to gorgeous landscaping, indoor basketball court, beach volleyball court, modern library, a massive canteen and some of the brightest stars in public school academia.
• The school: a public, government-funded School
• Student enrolment: 3000 (approx.)
• Location: Phetchaburi City, capital city of Phetchaburi Province, 2 hours south of Bangkok.
• Foreign Languages Department: 19 Thai-national teachers, 10 Native English Teachers, 2 Chinese teachers and 1 French Teacher
• Teaching Faculty and Administration Staff: 170 (approx.)
• Grades: Mattayom 1 to 6; Grades 7 to 12; ages 13 to 18
• Contract teaching hours: 20 teaching hours per week
• Class length: 50 minutes
• Work hours: 7:50-4pm
Details of The English Program –English Program Students: 165 students, Mattayom 1-3, ages 13-15 – Subjects taught in English: Computer Studies, Physical Education, Health Studies, Social studies, Science, Math, English (Speaking and Listening), English Fundamentals (Grammar, Reading and Writing), Phetchaburi Studies. – Class sizes: 25-30 students in the English Program – Most of these classes are in air-conditioned classrooms – These students pay a much higher tuition fee, and are generally from middle-class to upper-middle class families
Details of the Classes outside the English Program
• Subjects Taught in English: English (speaking and listening)
• Salary range: 28,000-33,000 baht per month, depending on education and experience.
• Contract length: April/May 2013 till the end of February 2014, renewable
• Work permit and visa extension arranged by the school
• Maximum 20 teaching hours (about 4 periods a day)
• Work hours: 7:50-4pm
• 2 weekends per semester for school trips / English competitions
• Computer and Internet Access
• Air-conditioned office
• Accident Insurance (basic coverage)
• Health insurance is available if the teacher wishes to purchase it
• All Thai national holidays are paid days off
• There is a 2-week break between the 1st and 2nd semester (usually October), and a longer break for summer in March or April – unpaid.
• Teachers are expected and encouraged to take part in field trips, activities, and school presentations.
• Educational requirement: BA, BSc., or higher
If you have read the above information and you are now interested in the position, please e-mail us with your expression of interest (David Krieger email@example.com, Mrs. Gayoon Deprasert firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the following information:
(1) your recent CV
(2) scanned copies of your degree(s) in jpeg format
(3) a recent photo or passport page
(4) additional information for your application (references, etc)