Teach English in Myanmar
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: US$1500-US$1800 depending on experience
Come and experience the wonders and be part of the positive changes in the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks-Total Group of schools are located in the Southeast Asian country of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). In the nine years since our founding, Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has expanded to 11 branches with over 2500 very motivated students, and 400 dedicated teachers and staff with ongoing expansion plans. We focus on both experiential learning with high academic standards as well as personal/self-development skills, creating future young leaders, service to the community and participatory activities. We also believe in reflective teaching and our instructors and teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. At the same time we also have a strong emphasis on developing, training and empowering local Myanmar teachers, staff, and parents.
We offer a twelve-month contract but are very focussed on giving our students certainty and continuity and prefer applicants who are prepared to commit to 2 consecutive one year contracts. Our Academic year runs from mid June through to early May. Included in your package we will provide shared quality house/apartment style living accommodation with other international teachers. We also cover all visa costs, school lunches and local transportation, Myanmar language classes, basic medical insurance and paid vacation. We will also cover your flight arrival costs to Myanmar from one of the nearest airports in the region (Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur), and will purchase a return ticket to that airport upon successful completion of the contract. For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to improve them selves, the people around them and the school there is also ample room for advancement and promotion.
US$1500-US$1800 depending on experience.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teachers salary in their own country.
Candidates who would like to work at Brainworks – Total Group of Schools should possess the following qualifications:
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand with out a strong accent.
2. Minimum requirements TESOL or CELTA Certificate or equivalent from a well-recognized institution (such as the School for International Training, Cambridge, etc) with at least 120 hours of practical. Preference given to those with a B.Ed, M.Ed.
3. All positions require at least one full years proven classroom practical experience leading and teaching the English language to either Pre School or Primary P1 – P6
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
5. If you are a dynamic young new teacher with a burning desire to take your new skills and talents into an environment that encourages new young thinkers then we would be really interested in receiving your application.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are looking for.
Send email applications to email@example.com
1. A detailed covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.
2. A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position at a later date you will need to supply the following documentation.
3. A copy of your passport
4. 3 Letters of reference
5. A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc
6. Any other relevant documents