Teach English in Indonesia
CITY: Medan, North Sumatera
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: Competitive salary (with annual increments based on performance)
SYNERGY Learning Group, based in Medan – North Sumatera, Indonesia, is currently looking for highly motivated Native English Teachers to fill the following vacancies
– Teachers of General English: Our General English students (7 – 16 years old) work towards the Cambridge English examinations. Applicants with experience in preparing students for these examinations would be of particular interest to us.
– Academic English Teachers: The majority of our older students (16+ years) are preparing to enter universities abroad and need to achieve excellent results in academic English examinations for this purpose. We therefore need teachers with proven experience, especially with regard to IELTS preparation, to help students towards their goals. Applicants with certification in teaching IELTS Preparation Courses and/or several years experience in this area will be given priority.
• One year contract (renewable)
• Competitive salary (with annual increments based on performance)
• Visa, Work Permit and Foreign Workers Tax paid
• End of contract bonus equal to one month’s salary
• Round trip economy class air ticket to country of origin (reimbursed on completion of one year contract)
• 25 days paid leave (plus Indonesian national holidays)
• Medical insurance (or an allowance towards the cost of medical insurance)
• 5 days paid sick leave per contractual year
• Housing allowance to help towards the cost of accommodation
• Help in finding suitable accommodation
• On-going support to help you adapt culturally to the new environment
• Free Internet access on school premises
• Teacher support through teacher training workshops
* Minimum BA degree, preferably in English
* CELTA or equivalent language teaching certificate
* Minimum of one year’s teaching experience
* Culturally aware and able to be flexible and adapt to cultural differences
* Professional in appearance and behavior
If you are interested in joining us, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com, together with a cover letter detailing your current contact details and telephone number, your working history to date, the level and age groups you prefer to teach, your reasons for wanting to come to Indonesia, your date of availability, and a suitable date and time for a telephone interview.
We will also need a copy of the information page of your passport for visa application procedures.