Teach English in Japan
START DATE: August, 2013
SALARY: Competitive salary from 250,000yen per month
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
– IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT!
* FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL has an opening for a DYNAMIC English Teacher who relishes the rare opportunity of not only teaching, but also running and helping to build up an English school. Located in Morioka, the capital city of Iwate prefecture, FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is part of the Active English Academy group. ACTIVE first opened its doors in 1992 and has been serving the communities of 4 cities where our schools are located for the past 21 years. Our staff teaches at public kindergartens, elementary schools, junior high schools, a prefectural college in addition to our own in-house English language students. Active also runs an international kindergarten in Morioka.
* Morioka is a city of 300,000 in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to the major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train. The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east.
* This position is NOT for the faint-hearted, shy or those with major homesickness or communication issues. FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is the place for a teacher who HAS STRONG LEADERSHIP, ORGANIZATION, PEOPLE AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS, IS KIND, DEDICATED, LOYAL AND DRIVEN TO LEAVE THE PLACE BETTER THAN WHEN SHE/HE FOUND IT.¡@As life in the countryside can be more challenging than that in the city in some ways, Morioka is a place only for those who are independent and genuinely seek a more peaceful, greener and quieter lifestyle.
* The successful applicant will be joining a dedicated teaching staff that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE PERKS
1.* Competitive salary from 250,000yen per month and up (depending on experience and
2.* About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
3.* Fully furnished accommodation (single occupancy) with all the rental set-up fees paid
by the school
4.* Visa sponsorship
5.* Caring bosses, good school family
6.* Greenery and a homey, historical town
* *THE POSITION
1.* Commences August 2013
2.* In-class teaching hours: 24~32 / week
3.* Teaching children to adults. Never a dull moment!
4.* Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5.* Some administrative and PR work
1.* University degree (Education degrees preferred)
2.* Native English speakers ONLY
3.* Teaching experience and some Japanese language ability are musts
4.* Happy, energetic, enthusiastic and confident with a great sense of humor ¡V
We like to laugh!
5.* Fantastic people skills: Ready smiles, approachable, good at problem-solving, maturity,
responsible and have great communication skills
6.* Must be able to teach and relate very well to children but also enjoy the challenge of
7.* Strong work ethics: Honest, Conscientious, Resilient, Nurturing with an abundance of
Initiative and Creative Energy. A Self-starter and Leader who likes to keep busy! Passionate
about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom and imparting Wholesome, Solid
values to students. Must also be meticulous about management and organization.
8.* Must be understanding and enjoy working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9.* Preference for living in a smaller city and being closer to nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your (1) cover letter, include your teaching philosophy and personal background including interests (2) updated resume (3) university degree and transcripts (4) photo (taken in the last 6 months)
*Send in installments if undeliverable as a single email.