Location: Bangalore, India
Start Date: ASAP
Working Conditions: Spectrum Consultants India Pvt Ltd (formerly known as Spectrum Placement & Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd.) seeks culture and communication specialists for a 1-year contract in Bangalore, India, to grow its current team of 20+ people. As a successful candidate you will work full-time as a Spectrum staff member within a Fortune 500 company’s training and quality assurance department. You will monitor quality of service in voice and written customer interaction (primarily with respect to language and intercultural communication) and deliver effective learning solutions for intercultural and language learning needs.
• Quality Assurance
o Analyze culture and communication learning needs by monitoring quality of technical support in terms of language and intercultural skills for phone calls, emails, and chat messaging.
o Assess engineer performance accurately and reliably by calibrating on assessment instrument use
o Give high-quality feedback to engineers on their performance in writing and in person
o Develop quality monitoring plan in line with data on staff performance and consultation with managers.
o Keep accurate, up-to-date records.
o Use appropriate assessment tools (training provided where needed).
o Where appropriate identify staff for coaching, which typically takes place one-on-one or with small groups of up to 4 trainees.
o Assess needs in conjunction with key stakeholders and performance data, and define objectives and learning plan.
o Prepare and deliver high-quality coaching sessions in line with best practices for intercultural and language learning.
• Take on other responsibilities as assigned
• Evaluate staff progress and complete all reporting requirements as needed.
• Work a 5-day work week with night shifts.
Salary / Package
• Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• TEFL qualification (SIT TESOL Certificate, UCLES CELTA, Trinity College Certificate, or equivalent)
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 to 15 years ESL/EFL teaching, intercultural training, or training experience
• Demonstrated level of intercultural competence and effectiveness in a multicultural work environment
• Candidates must be proficient in English; hiring may be dependent upon English assessment.
• Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office, and comfort level with learning new software (training / support provided)
• Strong work ethic, commitment to results, and desire to excel in a corporate environment
Additional desired experiences / qualifications
• Language testing experience such as with BULATS, IELTS, OPI
• UCLES DELTA, MAT in ESOL, MA Applied Linguistics, or equivalents in intercultural or language training
• Corporate training / business experience
• Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) administrator qualifications
• Strong experience / exposure to at least one of the following culture zones: North America, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Middle East, or Africa an advantage.
Applicants with more experience and qualifications considered. Package commensurate with what applicants bring to the role.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position you wish to apply for in the subject line of your email:
• Cover letter
• Resume (specifying month and year of start and finish with organizations worked for)
Interviews will occur over the phone, or depending on location of candidate in person.
References will be contacted (after notification of candidate). Original qualification documents will need to be produced.
Location: Bangalore, India