Teach English in China
START DATE: October 2012
SALARY: a competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience (8000 – 11000 RMB per month)
Class sizes are small, with a maximum of twelve students ranging from 3-10 years of age. Each classroom is fully-equipped with a projector, computer, and digital whiteboard, in addition to other modern teaching equipment. Teaching assistants are provided for all International Staff and provide invaluable advice and assistance. Teachers are contracted for 21 hours per week, and receive two consecutive days off.
Remuneration includes the following:-
– a signing bonus of RMB 2500 upon arrival
– free clean, modern accommodation located close to the school, or an accommodation allowance of RMB 2500 – 3000 for those applicants already located in China who wish to seek their own accommodation
– a stipend of RMB 300 per month to help cover utility costs - a round-trip airfare upon completion of a one-year contract, up to the value of RMB 8000
– health insurance up to the value of $5000 - paid vacation days, including all Chinese national holidays, and an extra week in the summer and winter vacations - all visa/medical costs - daily Chinese classes (Mon-Fri), each class lasting 2 hours, taught by a qualified Chinese language teacher can be taken as partial compensation, or successful applicants can opt for one class weekly instead.
– hold a university degree in any discipline
– be between 25-55 years of age
– be a native English speaker holding a passport from one of the following countries – The UK, The USA, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, or Australia.
– hold one year of work experience after graduation (in any field). Prior teaching experience is not necessary, and we actively encourage applications from candidates who are making their first foray into the EFL world.