Teach English in Guatemala
START DATE: January 2013
SALARY: The monthly stipend is paid in local currency, and it is goes from US$ 1,100.00 to 1,200.00, the cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries.
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• Air fare (the return portion will be provided upon completion of the contract)
• Housing is provided in a shared two bedroom furnished apartment that includes all basic utilities, cable, internet, electricity, etc.
• Local medical insurance
• Immigration arrangements
• Transportation to/from school on school buses
• Cell phone
• Teachers are able to work in the after-school clubs/tutorials for an additional pay.
*The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank.
• Must be a highly qualified and competent individual who has the ability to teach at all levels of the area of expertise and is committed to the welfare and education of all students.
• Will develop a balanced program following pre-established standards, with appropriate activities designed to encourage pupils to develop good skills and attitudes.
• Will establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
• Will evaluate each student’s development in the course(s) being taught and prepare necessary reports. Must communicate students’ progress to parents on a regular basis through written reports.
• Ability/knowledge to write weekly teaching plans is a must.
B.A. B.S. in teaching preferred, teaching certificate is not required, however the ideal candidate must have experience working with students in a structured environment. This is a great opportunity for newly graduates who wish to start a career in the teaching field.
CDA requires a one year commitment in order to offer a contract to international teachers. The year could be either for one full academic year beginning the first weekday in January and ending the second Friday in November or beginning the first weekend in June and ending the second Friday of next June. Teachers may stay longer if they wish to do so.