Teach English in Saudi Arabia
CITY: Al Ahsa city
English Teachers for Berlitz AlAhsa School
The school had a very successful hiring session for Berlitz Al Ahsa Men School. Several instructors have already signed employment agreements this month in a short period of time and they are processing their visas now with the first teachers arriving to Berlitz Al Ahsa today. There are only very limited vacancies for Men now. However, the Berlitz Al Ahsa Ladies School still has several vacancies open. Berlitz Al Ahsa will be very pleased to consider qualified applicants for the ladies school.
Berlitz will provide appropriate work visas to enter Saudi Arabia and work with Berlitz. You will need a valid passport and a university degree in any field to be eligible.
Instructors are expected to deliver classroom instruction using the Berlitz English language program material (Books, website licenses, Audio CD’s, etc.). Supplementary programs such as TOEFL preparation or phonics/literacy also have well established teaching material. Berlitz has programs that suit all student ages ranging from 6 year old kids to mature adults. Berlitz language programmes utilise the world-renowned Berlitz Method, in which all speaking and learning is conducted using the target language. A communicative approach is used therefore, which is based on more listening and speaking (i.e. more live interaction). Teachers will have very little class preparation time to be able to conduct Berlitz English lessons. Thanks to the detailed step-by-step instructor manual that explains all lesson techniques and the use of Speakers enhanced SMART boards that make teachers seamlessly have very little prep time to do while enabling their lessons to be lively and active. Class sizes are limited to 15 students or less for maximum student/teacher interaction.
What training and development support do teachers receive?
You will be provided with a full training in the Berlitz Method. The training has live sessions with the Language Instructional Manager (LMI) who will provide after training supervisory support. Online pre-activation modules are provided using State-of-The-Art online technologies. The live training is provided to all new teachers over a period of at least 3 fully paid days. Online modules (with a username and password) are provided in preparation for the live training and can be done before arrival.
(1) Working hours: Contract is for 8 hours per day.
(2) Centre opening days are from Saturday to Wednesday, with a half day on Thursdays. Classes may sometimes fall on a Thursday and sometimes in a split shift.
Work offer main details
(1) All compensation is tax-free
(2) Teaching overtime is compensated at a rate of 150% an instructorʼs normal hourly pay
(3) 30 days paid leave per each year contract.
(4) At least 8 days (normally 2 weeks) paid leave for public holidays (1 week for Eid al-Fitr, 1 week for Eid al-Adha and 1 day for national day). This applies to 2-year contracts.
(5) Full medical insurance (including dental).
(6) Semi-furnished single person or family accommodation provided, rent-free
(7) Air passage to Saudi Arabia reimbursed
(8) Return air passage to and from point of origin provided, on each annual leave
(9) Annual salary increase, dependent on performance
(10) End-of-service award for 2 years service and beyond
This ad is for you ladies!
If you are an active women with a lively personality, worked as a qualified English Instructor before, and from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa then you are very welcome to apply. English Native ladies residing within KSA or married can also apply.
What are the minimum qualifications and experience required?
(1) Applicants must be native-born English speakers
(2) A university BA, BSc, MA, or MSc degree in any area of study is accepted with preference to language related studies. Experience in teaching English is highly regarded and will affect the pay offer. The type of degree and years of teaching experience will decide the appropriate pay scale for the applicant. Berlitz applies a well-researcherd pay-scale that maps qualification and experience to appropriate pay.
Send your application to :
You must send ALL the following to be considered:
(1) Resume (with references)
(2) Clear passport copy
(3) Clear degree copy
(4) A clear recent photo
Make sure you state in your email the date of preference to relocate to Saudi Arabia. If you are already in Saudi Arabia, then please mention your preferred date to travel to Al Ahsa city.