Teach English in Vietnam
CITY: Ho Chi Minh
START DATE: 1 April
Teaching English via phone
Teaching English via Phone is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work FROM HOME in the fast-growing world of on-line education. We know that our teachers are also busy people, so we’ve made teaching with English-by-Phone both flexible and convenient. You can teach according to your own schedule and in the convenience of your home or office!
Teaching English via phone position distinct advantages and challenges when compared to those of an ordinary ESL (English as a Second Language) teaching job. We feature mostly 1-on-1 lessons but we also offer small classes of two to six highly motivated adult students. Our students usually have professional backgrounds and wish to improve their English skills in order to increase their competitiveness in the marketplace. We therefore encourage teachers to provide a professional and energetic learning environment in our virtual classrooms. Our teaching methods focus on strengthening the student’s conversational and listening abilities through discussion practice and question/answer exercises.
Students are evaluated before being matched with a teacher. Most of the time, students buy a package of 15 lessons, 20 lessons, etc. These lessons are distributed over a period of one month (twice a week, three times a week or every business day).
Job/Task Description * (maximum 200 characters)
• Teaching English Communication via Phone including Academic English, Business English, TOEFL, TOEIC, IELT, other programs for across a range of levels, ages.
• Interviewing student level via Phone;
• Writing student’s result reports after interview or after course;
• Marking mid- and end-of-term tests;
• Review and manage student achievements;
• Supervising students’ improvement: keep track learning process of students; consult and guide students how to learn effectively;
• Prepare lessons based on the content provided by EIV;
• Plan and modify the special programs for all levels urgently;
• Preparation of annual plans and budget for all courses;
• Work in close co-operation and harmony with other members of staff in the interests and needs of students.
• Accept duties assigned by the Managers, Heads of Study and Coordinators;
• Promote school projects;
• Help maintain company discipline;
• Work in close co-operation and harmony with other members of staff in the interests and needs of students;
• Other assignments as Company require.
Details on their working conditions
• Personal Work Space
* Professional knowledge:
• Be native speaker
• At least College Bachelor degree from the English department of prestigious college or universities
• Broad and updated knowledge related to lessons.
• The ability to introduce a wide variety of reference sources.
• Having a certificate in TESOL, or TEFL is an advantage.
• Proficiency of computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and some office software.
• Working permit is preferred
* Students Management:
• Creating a fascinating studying atmosphere
• Inspiring students
• Stimulating discussions from students
• Satisfactorily handling students’ questions
• Teaching methods criteria
• Comprehensible teaching methods via Phone
• Effective communication with students
• Effective use of teaching equipment (computer, CD player, other media equipments…)
• Excellent communication with open mind, ability in organization, persuasion and motivation;
* Personal qualifications:
• Energetic and professional personality
• Previous ESL teaching experience (preferred)
• Previous working experience in other fields
• Teaching availability suitable to English via phone schedule
• Ability to SPEAK SLOWLY, STRONGLY, CLEARLY and know how to explain simple ways to people who can’t speak ENGLISH very well!
• Ability to teach at home and at office
• Good voice, clear pronunciation
• Ability to edit materials in teaching
* Technical requirements:
• A Cell phone provided by EIV
• Desktop PC: 1GHZ Pentium processor or comparable
• Windows OS: XP, Visa or a MAC
• RAM: 512MB or more
• Skype should be loaded onto your own computer
• Headphones and microphone set
– Please send your application by online, email or direct to:
• HR Department
• Address: 134/1 Cach Mang Thang Tam Street, Ward 110, District 3, HCM City
Ms. Thuyen – Academic Officer
Tel: 08 351 28 264
Teach English in Vietnam