Teach English in Vietnam
CITY: Bien Hoa
START DATE: August, 2013
SALARY: 1500 – 1650 USD NET monthly salary
Asia Pacific College Dong Nai (APC DN) is a K-12 bilingual school located in the city of Bien Hoa, Vietnam, which is approximately 28 km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We are currently looking for qualified native English speaking teachers to teach primarily young learners at Kindergarten and Primary with some classes at Lower Secondary School.
APC DN offers a dual curriculum with students taking the national Vietnamese academic program alongside a tiered English Program based on proficiency level (not grade level). For kindergarten, APC DN endorses a Montessori approach to learning while at the Primary and Secondary levels students are introduced to different subjects such as general English, science, social studies, and mathematics with the emphasis on a student-centered, communicative approach to instruction.
In just 3 years, APC DN has quickly grown to over 200 students (K – 7 classes, Primary – 7 classes, Lower secondary – 4 classes) and will soon be opening a brand new school building in early August 2013. The new campus building will hold 14 brand new comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms equipped with computers and Internet access (~300 students capacity). There are two swimming pools, tennis courts, mini-basketball courts, a football field outfitted in astro-turf, an outdoor stadium, indoor auditorium, exercise facilities and a play yard for our little ones in order to best serve the recreational, leisure and fitness needs of our students and staff.
Current Teaching Vacancies:
– 2 Teachers: Kindergarten and Primary classes
– 1 Teacher: Kindergarten and Lower Secondary classes
Teacher Remuneration Package:
– 1500 – 1650 USD NET monthly salary (APC DN pays the taxes on your behalf);
* Salary offered is dependent on qualifications, experience, and teaching performance. This is based on a submitted lesson plan for review by BoP to include interviews by Vice Principal and Principal separately;
* Increases in salary are based solely on work performance and offered in during contract renewal only;
– Full time annual teacher contract (school will provided assistance in obtaining work permit)
* 10 Paid Teaching Months (August – May)
* Initial contract will have a 3-month probationary period
* All national holidays, school holidays and 2 weeks TET vacation are paid
* Summer vacation is non-paid leave (June – July), however, summer school is available and will be negotiated separately based on need.
* Free housing is made available to all full-time teachers (housing is communal at houses/apartments owned by the school). These accommodations are within 5 minutes of the school campus. There is not an additional monthly monetary stipend if teacher refuses this benefit
– Monday – Friday from 7AM – 4:30PM
– Average instructional time (contact hours) is 22-24 hours per week
– Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
– Monthly PD sessions on Saturday mornings (once per month for 3 hours)
– Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
Teacher Support & Benefits
– Free housing
– Teachers will have the same classes all year long providing the opportunity to establish strong rapport with students;
– Teacher’s Room with access to computers, Wi-Fi Internet, printers, and photocopy machine;
– Robust online gradebook platform to track student marks;
– Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
– Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
– Professional Development once month which focus on building teacher efficacy
– An experienced management team (Vice Principal and Principal) that will move heaven and hearth to make sure you have everything you need to do your job right!
School URL: http://www.apcdongnai.edu.vn/en/main.html
First and foremost, you must love to work with young children. Secondly, you must be a positive, self-aware, reflective person who enjoys being part of a team.
As for the formalities, applicants will need to be Native English speakers with:
– Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
– B.Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
Previous teaching experience is preferred, however, newly certified teachers are more than welcome to apply.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org