Teach English in Saudi Arabia
CITY: Berlitz Al Ahsa
SALARY: Attractive tax free compensation package
Male and Female qualified teachers, and Teaching Couples from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa are encouraged to apply. Instructors residing within KSA can also apply for temporary employments.
Berlitz will provide appropriate work visas to enter Saudi Arabia and to work at Berlitz in full status. You will need a valid passport and a university degree to be eligible.
— Job Description —
Instructors are expected to deliver classroom instruction in the main Berlitz English language programs and supplementary programs such as TOEFL preparation or phonics/literacy to all students ages ranging from 9 year old kids to adults. Berlitz language programmes utilise the world-renowned Berlitz Method, in which all speaking and learning is conducted in the target language. A communicative approach is used, based on listening and speaking, supplementing study with relevant reading and writing exercises. Class sizes are limited to 15 students or less for a maximum of student/teacher interaction
— Working Conditions —
1. Working hours: Contract is for 8 hours per day.
2. Centre opening hours are from Saturday to Wednesday, with a half day on Thursdays. Classes may sometimes fall on a Thursday and sometimes in a split shift.
Full training in the Berlitz Method is given to all new teachers over a period of at least 3 fully paid days.
— Benefits provided —
1. Teaching overtime is compensated at a rate of 1.5 times an instructors basic (non- overtime) hourly pay rate.
2. All compensation is tax-free.
3. 30 days paid leave per each year contract.
4. At least 8 days (normally 2 weeks?) paid leave for public holidays (1 week for Eid al-Fitr, 1 week for Eid al-Adha and 1 day for national day). This applies to 2-year contracts.
5. Medical insurance .
6. Semi-furnished single person?s or family accommodation provided, rent-free.
7. Air passage to Saudi Arabia reimbursed.
8. Return air passage to and from point of origin provided, on each annual leave.
9. Annual salary increase, dependent on performance (add) and supervisory assessments
10. End-of-service award
1. Applicants must be native-born English speakers.
2. A university BA, BSc, MA, or MSc degree in any area of study is accepted with preference to language related studies. Experience in teaching English is highly regarded and will affect the pay offer. The type of degree and years of teaching experience will decide the appropriate pay scale for the applicant. Berlitz applies a well-researcherd pay-scale that maps qualification to appropriate pay.
Send your application to: email@example.com
You must send ALL the following to be considered:
(1) Resume (with references)
(2) Clear passport copy
(3) Clear degree copy
(4) A clear recent photo