Teach English in Japan
START DATE: August, 2013
SALARY: Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH A PASSION FOR TEACHING, LEARNING AND THE DESIRE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
– IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT!
ACTIVE ENGLISH ACADEMY has openings for dynamic English Teachers, individuals who relish the challenge of teaching in various settings, i.e. not only in-house at our schools but also in the public school system in Oshu, Iwate, JAPAN. This combination affords you the wonderful opportunity of meeting and learning about life in Japan from students and colleagues of all ages and backgrounds. ACTIVE also runs a school in the capital city of Iwate prefecture where you can help out with fun events like Halloween, Christmas Concert, etc. ACTIVE first opened its doors in 1992 with a handful of students and has in the last 20 years, grown to serve 3 communities in our prefecture.
Oshu is a city of approximately 130,000 in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train. Fukushima is about 200kms away.) The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east.
The positions offered are NOT for the faint-hearted, shy or those with communication or major homesickness issues. ACTIVE ENGLISH ACADEMY is the place for teachers who are independent, loyal, respectful, kind and most of all who have a strong desire to leave the place better than when they first came. Our Teachers must be very dedicated and have a passion for teaching and helping the school reach out to the community.
Successful applicants will be a part of an incredible team of teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
2. Completion bonus upon satisfactory completion of a 2-year contract with
possibility of renewal
3. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
4. Fully furnished accommodation with all rental set-up fees paid by the
5. Visa sponsorship
6. Caring bosses, good school family
7. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences July/August 2012
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~32 hours / week
3. Teaching children to adults. Ample opportunity to teach and learn from a variety of age groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and
curricula used in class, if teacher so wishes.
5. Some administrative and PR work
1. University degree (Education degrees preferred)
2. Native English speaker – a must!
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Japanese language ability preferred
5. A happy, energetic person with confidence who likes to laugh every day
and enjoys helping others do the same! Must be able to relate to a
child’s sense of humor. We like to laugh! 🙂 🙂
6. Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and great at
7. Must love children and enjoys the challenge of teaching children &
adults in a variety of settings
8. Strong work ethics: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal, honest,
nurturing and responsible, with an abundance of initiative and creative
energy. Self-motivated. Passionate about making a positive impact in & out
of the classroom and imparting solid wholesome values to students.
9. Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural
10. Preference for living in a smaller city (pop. 130,000), being closer to
nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
Email: email@example.com. Please include your:
(1) Cover letter (tell us about yourself, your teaching philosophy and reasons for applying for the position)
(2) Updated resume
(3) University degree and transcripts
(4) Full-length photo (taken no more than 6 months ago)