Teach English in Kuwait
Reporting to the President of the College, the Director of Foundation Programs will provide academic and administrative leadership, management, support and direction to the faculty, staff, and students to contribute to the academic well-being and growth of AC Kuwait in the Foundation Program.
• Leads the academic development of the Foundation Program, ensuring the learning outcomes are in accordance with the provisions set out in the College policies and goals.
• Planning, delivery and ongoing assessment of the Foundation Program to ensure courses are responsive and relevant to the needs of the students and conform to both Kuwaiti and Canadian standards while adequately preparing students to enter AC-Kuwait Diploma programs.
• Participates in the development and implementation of the College’s strategic plan.
• Provides effective management and leadership to attain a high level of performance from faculty and staff of the Department.
• Participates, as a member of the Management Team, in various initiatives such as program marketing and student recruitment.
• Master’s degree in Education or a related field (minimum) or equivalent education and experience.
• TESL Certification or equivalent.
• A minimum of 7 years of progressively senior experience at the faculty and senior administrative level in a Canadian college or university.
• Demonstrated knowledge of quality education, effective supervision, curriculum development, learning, and teaching strategies.
• Working knowledge of common software applications and web-based learning technologies and strategies.
• Strong knowledge of current developments and trends in post-secondary education including ESL.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with students and staff at all levels.
• Superior negotiation, conflict resolution, and collaboration building skills.
Applicants must be Canadian citizens, and background checks will be completed on potential candidates.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to this challenge and exciting opportunity, please send your resume to ACKuwaitJobs@algonquincollege.com no later than October 25th, 2013 and let us know where you viewed this posting.