Teach English in the United States
CITY: North Carolina
START DATE: August 1, 2013
SALARY: Competitive Salary
1. Teach in a variety of settings including Face-to-Face, Web-Based, and Distance Programs.
2. Teach graduate and undergraduate courses with a focus on TESOL methods, advise graduate students, and direct or co-direct Doctoral students.
3. Meet expectations for scholarship and grant writing for a Doctoral/Research Extensive institution.
4. Contribute to the overall teaching, research, and service missions of the School of Education.
1. Earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, Applied Linguistics, Bilingual Education, Teaching English as a Second Language or related fields.
2. Commitment to teacher education and development in collaborative and collegial community partnerships.
3. Successful experience as a K-12 bilingual teacher, ESL teacher, or classroom teacher serving English learners.
4. Experience teaching and supervising university students.
5. Demonstrated scholarship (e.g. presentations and publications) in TESOL education. 6. Background in elementary education and/or content area instruction such as Social Studies, Literacy, Math or Science is also desired.