Teach English Online
SALARY: Hourly pay rate is $12.00 USD
ETO- English tutor Online is a Canadian online ESL conversation School: www.englishtutoronline.com/english Our English classes are conducted over Skype. We teach one-on-one English conversation classes to students from all over the world! At ETO, teachers work from home!
At ETO we like to create an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration in which teachers are responsible and clear about the guidelines to be followed and consistent in their teaching approach.
– The compensation is USD$12/hour: USD$10/hour for the first 75 hours of teaching. Then USD$11/hour for the next 75 hours of teaching and the USD$12/hour.
– Payment is made via PayPal on the 1st and 15th of every month. ETO pays the Paypal transfer fees.
– 30 teaching hours/week. Please note that you will start at 5 to 10 hours and will build up to 25 to 30 hours within 4weeks.
-No class preparation is required. We provide the teaching material: http://www.englishtutoronline.com/english/textbook.php
– Motivated and respectful adult students.
-YOU MUST BE AMERICAN OR CANADIAN AS THIS POSITION IS FOR AN AMERICAN OR CANADIAN TEACHER.
– We are presently looking for American or Canadian online English teachers WHO ARE RESIDING IN CENTRAL, SOUTH AMERICA OR SOUTH EAST ASIA.
– Have experience teaching English.
– Good knowledge of the English grammar and ability to give clear and concise explanations.
– Patient, professional, positive and able to engage in conversation, as these are conversation classes.
– Organized, responsible, demonstrate good judgment and initiative.
– Good typing skills, as you will need to give learners quick written feedback using Skype.
– Have a computer, a headset with built-in microphone, a webcam and a stable Internet connection (minimum of 2 MPBS).
– Be available to teach 25 to 30 hours/week.
– ***Since the job training is lengthy please apply only if you are ABLE TO COMMIT TO A MINIMUM OF A YEAR.
If this position interests you and you fit the above requirements PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the questions below TO THE BODY OF YOUR APPLICATION EMAIL:
Your Skype ID?
Are you American or Canadian (this position is for North American teachers)?:
Are you currently living in Central, South America or South East Asia (this is a requirement for this position)?:
In which country will you be living over the next year- and your time zone?
When would you be available to start?
Do you currently have a job?
Will you keep your current job and also work for ETO?
If so, how many hours are you currently working And what is your schedule like?
What is the minimum number of hours/week that you are available to teach?
What is the ideal number of hours/week that you would like to teach?
What is the maximum number of hours/week that you are available to teach?
Do you prefer a morning, afternoon and/or an evening shift (in your time zone)?
What would be your ideal schedule?
Are you available on Saturdays and Sundays?
Are you available 5 days a week?
How many days a week can you teach?
For applicants in Central or South America- Are you available to teach between 9 am to 5 pm CST- 5 days a week (including Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays)?
* If you are not available for the above schedule, please let us know your detailed availability (days and time- please specify in CST).
For applicants in South East Asia- Are you available for a split shift, where you would be working mornings and evenings: mornings from 8 am to 11 am Thai time and evenings from 7pm to 10 pm Thai time (or if you prefer 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm)- 5 days a week (including Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays)?
* If you are not available for the above schedule, please let us know your detailed availability (days and time- please specify in Thai time).
Do you understand that this is a 30 hour/week position starting at 5 to 10 hours and that it will build up to 25 to 30 hours within 4weeks?
Do you understand that the hourly pay rate is $12.00 USD?
How many different companies/schools have you worked for in the past 5 years?
Please mention the name of the companies/schools were you worked at in the last 5 years, the time you worked there and the reason for leaving:
How many years experience do you have teaching English?
Do you have experience with proofreading and teaching test preparation as TOFEL, SAT, TOEIC or others?
Are you able to commit for a minimum of a year (as the job training is very lengthy; the training is paid in full but the initial 20 hour of training is paid once you have successfully completed the 6 month probation period)?:
Why would you like to teach over Skype?
Have you ever worked from home?
Have you ever taught English online?
Do you prefer working from home or at a school and why?
Do you have a reliable internet connection?
Please give us the Download speed (not the upload) from: www.speedtest.net
How often are there power outages and for how long do they usually last?
Do you have any vacation/trip planned over the next 6 months?
Do you have good typing skills?
3 strong points:
3 things you would like to improve:
Do you have good knowledge of the English grammar and ability to give clear and concise explanations?
Describe your teaching approach?
Do you understand that for quality control classes at ETO are recorded?
Do you understand that we will not provide a work visa, health insurance nor paid vacation time?
Do you understand that applicants must be available for a minimum of a year since the training is very lengthy and that the first 20 hours of training are paid only after completing the 6 month probation period?
Have you attached your resume and a recent photo?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the ETO application form.
*** Please note that we will only contact selected applicants.
English Tutor Online