Teach English in Ukraine
CITY: Dnepropetrovsk, Kharkov, Donetsk, and others
START DATE: July 3, 2013
SALARY: Approximately $1000 (USD) per month
Are you creative, energetic, and enthusiastic about teaching? Do you want to teach American English to motivated young professionals? American English Center is looking for teachers like you to join our team in Ukraine beginning July 3.
AEC employs native English speakers from the US and Canada for 8- to 12-month contracts as conversational English instructors. AEC is the largest English school in Ukraine, with over fifty native speakers teaching in seven cities: Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Kyiv, Luhansk, Odessa, and Zaporizhzhye.
AEC offers small classes of no more than 12 students. Our students are teenagers and adults ages twelve years and older; the majority are professionals in the 18-35 age range. Students receive grammar instruction from Ukrainian teachers and practice speaking skills with native English speakers.
We have several openings for a start date of July 3 and a limited number of positions opening up in August, September, and October. To ensure a timely reply, please indicate your desired start date in the subject line of your email.
• Teaching is primarily in 4-6 hour blocks at a fixed location, but corporate work may also be required
• 26 standard student-contact hours per week, Sunday-Thursday; mostly evening hours
• Approximately $1000 (USD) per month
• Several bonus systems in place, including a student retention bonus
• Teacher support services including airport pickup, free introductory Russian language tutoring, and a mobile phone loaned to teachers
• Travel to and from Ukraine and visa-related expenses are the teacher’s responsibility and are not paid or reimbursed by the school
• Native English speakers from the US and Canada
• 3- or 4-year degree from an accredited US or Canadian college or university
• Willingness to teach at any of our 13 branches in central and eastern Ukraine
• CELTA or other TEFL/TESL certification or equivalent experience
• Experience studying a foreign language
• Coursework in linguistics, second language acquisition, or related areas
• International experience
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Renie Williams, Hiring Manager: