Teach English in Vietnam
The Academic Co-ordinator (AC) reports to the Director of Studies (DOS)/Assistant Director of Studies (ADOS,) and monitors, supervises and supports the academic teaching team to deliver the ACET programs.
The AC is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the delivery of high quality academic English and IELTS preparatory programs. This involves co-ordinating the day to day management of the ACET academic programs, and providing ongoing teacher support, as well as student administration and support.
• Teach 16 hours per week
• Assist the DOS/ADOS with communication between ACET and teachers
• Run orientation and inductions sessions for new teachers
• Assist the DOS/ADOS to arrange relief teaching and schedule class make-up sessions
• Assist with the professional development (PD) of the teaching team, including conducting teacher observations and feedback, conducting appraisals, giving training workshops and offering general support and advice
• Line managing groups of teachers
• Maintain and monitor teacher professionalism
• Liaise with teachers and counselors on student matters
• Assist with student placement testing
• Deal with student complaints and comments promptly a professionally, and report to the DOS as appropriate
• Assist with marketing activities
• Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the DOS
40 hours on site per week including 16 teaching hours
• A competitive monthly salary on a two year contract
• End of contract completion bonus
• US$500 contribution towards medical insurance
• 20 working days recreational leave per year
• 9 public holidays plus Christmas Day paid as working days
• Sick leave up to 10 days per year
• An undergraduate degree from a recognised university
• An initial, internationally recognised English language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, or equivalent)
• At least 3 years’ EFL/ESL teaching experience at a reputable institution
• Experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and/or IELTS preparatory classes
• A postgraduate ELT/TESOL qualification, including Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge IDLTM or a Master’s degree in ELT/TESOL
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Young learners teaching experience
• Initial academic supervisory experience at a reputable institution
• Proven knowledge on matters relating to IT in the TESOL classroom
• Thorough understanding of the role of culture in language learning
• ELT experience in Vietnam or Asia
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the following details with your application:
– Covering letter
– Full CV with referees
– Scanned colour copy of passport page with information and photo (passports need to be valid more than 6 months)
– Scanned colour copy of teaching certificate(s) and university degree(s).
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.